Star Trek Continues

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Here's the episode. It's not as good as the original show. But it is quite cool, and worth supporting via Kickstarter, where they want to make three more episodes.

[video=youtube;3G-ziTBAkbQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G-ziTBAkbQ[/video]

Water Bob

Adventurer
For those Trek heads out there, like me, you might be interested to know that this first episode is a sequel to the original Classic Trek third season episode "Who Mourns for Adonais?" You know the one--a big green hand stretches out to grasp the enterprise. Spock figures out that the hand is an energy field. Kirk & Co. beam down to the planet (Pollux IV) to investigate and find the greek god Apollo there to greet them.

What's neat is that Michael Forest, who played Apollo in the original reprises his roll in this fan made sequel.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Water Bob

Adventurer
It's not as good as the original show.

The writing and directing are superb. That story is so "Trek" that is shines like the brightest sun in the galaxy. The tale is better than many Trek novels and plenty of Trek episodes that have aired from the various series.

The only thing that is really missing is the original actors from 45 years ago.

The episode is top notch.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The writing and directing are superb. That story is so "Trek" that is shines like the brightest sun in the galaxy. The tale is better than many Trek novels and plenty of Trek episodes that have aired from the various series.

The only thing that is really missing is the original actors from 45 years ago.

The episode is top notch.

All of that is true. The cast, however, is an incredibly important factor in the quality of a show; and these guys are good, but not as good as the originals. So the show isn't as good as the original.

That doesn't detract from the awesomeness of their achievement.

Rune

Once A Fool
Also, Kirk sounds like Dr. Katz. I find that somewhat distracting.

Good episode, though.

Last edited:

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
Chris Doohan as Scotty? I am guessing that's James Doohan's son?

And Grant Imahara from Mythbusters as Sulu! :)

Last edited:

Water Bob

Adventurer
As for the acting matching exactly the orignal performances from the crew we all know and love, 45 years ago, I bet that's really hard to do. Take the new Trek movies. How many liknesses did they nail in those multi-million dollar flicks? Two, I think. Spock is done well, and I think McCoy is pretty good. Kirk, Scotty, Uhura, and Checkov really aren't at all like the originals.

The same with this fan show. Kirk is by far the best (it's also his show--look at Vic's name in the credits). His voice is a bit high, but he's got the mannerisms down.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
I remember someone else doing a series of "The Last 2 years of the 5-year mission". Don't remember exactly what their show was called, but it was done fairly well, for a fan project

Remove ads