D&D General Star Trek Picard’s Todd Stashwick Hosting D&D Charity Stream

The actor-filled event is raising money for cancer charity Pablove Foundation

original.jpeg

Todd Stashwick will host a live stream of Dungeons & Dragons featuring an all-star cast raising money for pediatric cancer. Stashwick, best known for his role in Star Trek Picard as Captain Liam Shaw, will be the dungeon master for the event featuring actors Jonathan Frakes (Riker from Star Trek: The Next Generation), Wil Wheaton (Wesley on Star Trek: The Next Generation, Acquisitions Inc.), Michelle Hurd (Rafaella on Star Trek Picard), and Deborah Ann Woll (True Blood, Daredevil).

One lucky winner of a charity auction will also join in the game. At the time of writing, the auction on Charity Buzz is currently at $5,250 and will run until April 8 at 4:00 PM Eastern Time.

The event will be streamed live on Twitch.tv/MiniTerrainDomain on Saturday, April 20 starting at 5:00 PM Pacific (8:00 PM Eastern, 1:00 AM BST). Proceeds from the fundraiser will benefit The Pablove Foundation, which “invests in underfunded, cutting-edge pediatric cancer research & improves lives of children living with cancer through photography.”

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

Abstruse

Legend
Wheaton got Frakes to play D&D! That's pretty cool! Or maybe it was Stashwick . . . I don't watch a lot of live stream games, but this one I'm going to! Fan of everyone involved!
It was Stashwick. He's done a couple of events like these. One last year had Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine), Lowder Decks cast Jack Quaid (Boimler) and Tawny Newsome (Marriner), and Mica Burton (Levar Burton's daughter and also had a small role as an engineer on Picard S3). Matthew Lillard filled the "actor who does a crapload of D&D stuff but has nothing to do with Trek" role that Deborah Ann Woll's doing for this one. Though honestly Mica Burton's done enough RPG stuff with Critical Role and some other streamers she could've counted...

I wonder if a raffle would have raised more money? With an auction I know its too expensive for me, but a $10 raffle? ticket I'd buy a couple of chances at that! (And I assume so would many of us.)

Gotta put this on my calendar...

Abstruse

Legend
I wonder if a raffle would have raised more money? With an auction I know its too expensive for me, but a $10 raffle? ticket I'd buy a couple of chances at that! (And I assume so would many of us.)

Gotta put this on my calendar...
Possibly. They don't seem to have much of a marketing budget since it was pretty hard to find this (I think Bleeding Cool had a story on it, but that was it for additional information). So at $10 per ticket they'd need 500+ people to buy them to match what was the highest bid at the time.

The other side of it is that this is a live streamed event with celebrities. If someone spends a couple thousand dollars on an auction for their seat at the table, they're going to be more likely to behave properly. However, there's a lot of people who would be willing to spend $10 on the off chance they'd get to yell obscenities at Wil Wheaton on a live broadcast.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
Pretty cool, I’ll be watching this in a couple weeks as well.

Yeah, up to 6k so whoever pays it should have a nice memory of a lifetime at that table and on a show to boot.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
I would love to win that seat and be like - nope never saw any of your shows, nor you, nor you, nope, not even you Wil, unless you count the Fiasco episode of Tabletop . But since I've got the most experience playing this game, you can all choose your characters first 🙇‍♂️
:ROFLMAO:

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads