• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars D20 Anyone? -- GM Needed

DralonXitz

First Post
caixa said:
I don't know if I'm still invited, but if so, I'd still like to play. Problem is, the last couple of days have been crazy (14-16 hour work days) and I haven't got a chance to do my character yet.

However, if you still got an opening for me, let me know. If I'm warming the bench, that's fine too.

Peterson

Hey Caixa, didnt know if you were still interested. Post up the charecter, and well put you in soon.

caixa

First Post
Okay, I'm at work and don't have my books with me - but how about this for a basic background idea? Is this going to fit in at all?

Peterson

Growing up in Nar Shadda has some advantages. You learn how to survive, how to fight, who to talk to and who not too. It teaches you that the law is only good when it favors you, and when it doesn’t – well, Nar Shadda also teaches you ways around the law.

Victor Starthorne was a good student, yet mistakes were made. Victor fought the law, and the law won – and everyone knows who the law is on Nar Shadda – the Hutts. He became indebted to a Hutt crimelord at the young age of 12. He started off small-time, running errands, providing look-out for Spice dealers, and doing small burglaries. A few years went by, with Vic becoming more skilled, more bold, and more violent.

Growing up in Nar Shadda is violent. It is truly a place of kill or be killed. Perhaps to some, Vic’s future was foretold, but Vic never thought that. So it came as a shock when he killed his first sentient at the young age of sixteen – though the shock quickly wore off as he fled from the Hutt’s thugs.

Vic managed to sneak aboard a tramp freighter shortly before it lifted off – heading for parts unknown to the young boy. Sneaky as Vic was, it wasn’t long before the ship’s crew found him. There is only so many places to hide on a small transport after all. Instead of spacing him, as Vic feared, they fed him, gave him a bunk to stay in, and made him part of the crew. Confused at first, for why would they be nice to him, Vic soon warmed up to the crew and became rather proficient at manning the dorsal double laser turret. It was only after spending a few months did he realize that the ship’s crew were really agents of the Rebellion. Well, Vic never much cared for the Empire and the Rebel Alliance did consist of his two favorite words: Rebel and Ally, so he joined up.

With a little luck, and some real skill, Vic managed to make it onto a SpecOps team called oddly enough, the Sitting Waterfowls. He quickly took to the new team, especially their violent and explosive self-appointed missions. It was during one of these “missions” that they managed to indirectly aid in the escape of a Bothan spy carrying important documents. After receiving a special ceremony that amounted to basically a pat on the back by Mon Mothma, and an additional 500 creds for a job well done, Vic parted from the Special Operations team. While the Sitting Waterfowls continued to blow things up “unofficially”, Vic was actually recruited into a special arm of the Rebel Alliance, a black ops codenamed “Nova’s End”.

For two years, Vic stole from rich civilians, blew up military hospitals, assassinated JAN operatives, and basically ensured the safety and well being of the Rebel Alliance, all without reward or acknowledgement. This was the type of thing he excelled at. However, after a misguided missile slammed into the escaping transport of an important Rebel Alliance Major (instead of the Skipray Blastboat that was pursuing it), Vic’s team was brought up on charges, court-martialed, and placed on an Alliance safe world that also doubled as a prison planet. Vic spent fourteen months, living side by side with Imperial prisoners of war – the very people he was trained to kill.

It was on a fairly sunny day in the middle of the harvest season – god, Vic hated the country life – when a heavily modified bulk freighter made planet fall. A small group of bounty hunters, led by the infamous Imperial Hunter Xellor, captured the political prisoner, Grange Pepoloas – thought to have turned traitor to the Emperor – and headed back to his ship, the Imperial Star. Just as Xellor and the rest of his hunters came within sight of the Imperial Star, Xellor’s personal starfighter – previously concealed in a modified hanger bay – separated from the larger vessel and slowly, clumsy climbed its way out of the atmosphere, with Vic at the controls.

Six weeks later, a half-starved Vic crash-landed on some backwater Rim planet and was thankfully, quickly rescued by an old smuggler running pirated holo-vids to the locals. Vic hooked up with the old smuggler and did a couple runs with him, before recently parting ways on Clak’Dor VII.

Thanee

First Post
Just asking, maybe you havn't noticed... :)

Alyssa was hiding behind the bar (taking 10 for a total of 23).
It should be pretty hard to identify her like that. ;)

Anyways, if you did keep that in mind and he spotted her, just reply here quickly, so I can write my response. :)

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

DralonXitz

First Post
Thanee said:
Just asking, maybe you havn't noticed... :)

Alyssa was hiding behind the bar (taking 10 for a total of 23).
It should be pretty hard to identify her like that. ;)

Anyways, if you did keep that in mind and he spotted her, just reply here quickly, so I can write my response. :)

Bye
Thanee
Ah, sorry I didnt let you know, made a Spot check of 18, with a 9 modifier, for a total of 27.

Thanee

First Post
No need to tell, really, just thought you might have missed it, since it was a bit hidden within the text and already a couple days ago. ;)

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
Kluurz gulps, and grinds his teeth nervously, but his aim doesn't waver. He glances over to the human woman, and inclines his head towards the twelve stormtroopers. He raises his eyebrows as though asking a question, then waits for a response, if any.
Failed the spot check, obviously... ;)

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
(OOC-Wasn't a Hit, I just list damage for everyone, note that I put shot at her, but didnt put that it hit her, I just put it there for clarification)

Hmm... I'd prefer if you would list only actual damage, if that is possible. So far I had the impression, but then again, everything hit so far. ;)

(1st Roll 6+9=15, 2nd Roll *20*+9=29, Critical Roll 3+9=12, Normal Hit, 24 Damage)

Like this here... I suppose it is one hit one miss (too bad about the confirmation roll :D)?

Damage is within the range of one or two hits (high for one, low for two). ;)

Or maybe list damage seperately for each attack?

But if that is possible, actual damage done (before reduction, of course) would be best, I think. For clarities sake. :)

Bye
Thanee

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads