• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars Episode 2.1q: The Fall of Eraydia (RIP)

Jaik

First Post
Once the bladegrass is cleared, Hiru will set a fine example of the techniques for properly fleeing an advancing enemy.

dpdx

Explorer
Denny leading the way, with Pog behind him in the STAPs, the group manages to make their way to where Alice and the Falleen are standing in single file through the mown bladegrass. Once there, they discover that a wide enough path to avoid bladegrass attacks continues out the end of the clearing.

The Separatist droids seem to have been called away, and no warning shots fly over the heads of the STAP pilots, even as they soar to height above the bladegrass. Still, Shom recommends that they continue along the path, as it seems to lead at least away from the orbital drop the Separatists must have deployed from.

"Be watchful, folks. There aren't just Seps and grass to watch out for!

In the distance, most of you can make out the silhouette of the tower you passed on the way down.

maddmic

Explorer
Pog continues to pilot the STAP above the bladegrass along the path. "Do you want me to fly ahead a bit and see what's ahead of us?"

Pbartender

First Post
maddmic said:
Pog continues to pilot the STAP above the bladegrass along the path. "Do you want me to fly ahead a bit and see what's ahead of us?"

"What say we race to that tower up ahead?" Denny challenges. Assuming Pog accepts the challenge, Denny pops the STAP into full throttle and rockets off toward the distant landmark.

dpdx

Explorer
As the herd travels onward, Denny and Pog in their STAPs roughly 50 yards ahead of the group, Kerracor notices a huge bird-like creature swooping down from the skies. Crouched on its back is what appears to be some sort of humanoid. With a whoosh of air the creature passes overhead, and you get some sense of its size -- it's bigger than the STAPs that Denny and Pog are riding! The creature flies a little further, and then seems to land somewhere between the main group and Denny and Pog.

[Denny and Pog do not notice this yet, but everyone else sees the giant flying creature land ahead of them.]

Shom gets on his comlink: "Hey, fellas: we've got company back here."

[I need marching order. The refugees will put themselves in the middle of the group, unless a majority indicates otherwise.]

Last edited:

maddmic

Explorer
Pog is too caught up in the race to notice the giant bird creature. Upon hearing the comlink though, he looks to Denny. I'm heading back. This STAP's got some decent firepower. With that, he banks the STAP and screams back towards the flying creature while charging up the vehicles weapons.

dpdx

Explorer
[I'm going to move this along, so that people don't lose interest as fast. That way, whoever wants to jump in and play their character can do so, the rest will be on autopilot.]

As the creature lands, Pog and the group on foot get a closer look at it, and its rider. The rider dismounts the flying beast, facing Pog's STAP, his back to the main group. As he puts his arms up in surrender, you notice that they're not quite arms - more like wings, with feathers an iridescent blue-purple color throughout his body. When he speaks, it sounds like a hawk screeching, but those who can hear him (in the main group) still recognize the pidgin Basic as that of a average Eraydian.

"Please no shoot! I no harm! I help you keep away droids!"

maddmic

Explorer
Pog calls into te comlink. "He appears to be friendly. I'm going to still cover him though until somebody gets up to talk to him."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads