Star Wars Holiday special at You Tube

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
I spent many years remembering seeing an odd Star Wars scene where a character in the cantina pours a drink into a hole in the top of his head. I never saw the scene again and eventually came to believe I dreamed it or some how made it up. Then, while looking up Christmas Special I learned that scene did, infact happen.

The Sith are sneaky.

Jesus_marley said:
The thing that bothers me the most about the Holiday special is the utter hypocrisy of George Lucas concerning it. On the one hand he refuses to release it because frankly, he is embarassed that he allowed it to be made, while on the other hand, he makes no apology for the original movie remakes and the steaming pile of Sith that was episodes 1, 2, and 3.
As bad as it is, he should just own up to it and allow the fans to have it in all its horrible glory. I have no time for anyone who can't make fun of themselves.
Perhaps because he liked the changes he made for the Special Editions? Perhaps because while Episodes 1 and 2 weren't as good as the original trilogy they were still good movies by many peoples reckoning? Perhaps because Episode 3 was equal in quality to the original trilogy (and better than Return of the Jedi)? Perhaps because I've yet to meet anybody who has seen the Star Wars Holiday Special who actually liked it?

Perhaps because it's not hypocrisy to want a Star Wars production made without his input to any meaningful degree, which is almost universally considered the worst thing ever made with the Star Wars name on it buried. Perhaps because it's not hypocrisy to want something he had no real creative control over buried while movies he's poured thousands upon thousands of hours of work into being perfect in his eyes (or as close as he can get them) get released widely?

Remove ads