• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars Plots

Rokonin

First Post
I'm starting up a new Star Wars d20 game over the internet, and I'm fresh out of plot/campiaign ideas. The campaign is going to be put in the Rise of the Republic era. Does anyone have any ideas or know a website where I could go that could help a poor idea-exhausted DM (GM, whatever)?

Thanks alot in advance

Turanil

First Post
I'm starting up a new Star Wars d20 game over the internet

Is it a PBEM by email? If so, I would be interested to play in it!

Does anyone have any ideas

Beginning the adventure:

Introduction:
Unless you are strict about the PCs, they will probably come from many different corners of the galaxy, and should have a more interesting reason to be together than meeting in the Mos Eisley's Cantina.

So I suggest that:
Suddenly the PCs awake, each of them in a Cryogenic container that opens because it ceases to function. For some reason they had been capured by the Empire and freezed to be transported somewhere in this state for some unknown reason. The containers had been shipped into an Imperial Star Destroyer. However, there was some huge accident, and now many parts of the starship are running out of energy. When it happens to the part where the containers are stocked, an emergency device makes them releasing their content (i.e.: the PCs). They are now in a "big dungeon" (the Imperial Star Destroyer) from which they must escape.

The Story:

So, the PCs awake, go out of cryogenic containers, and find themselves in a dark place. They are in fact inside a part of the Imperial Star Destroyer which is running out of energy. So now, they are faced with several problems:

1) To figure out where they are. It's not obvious at first sight (remeber that an Imperial Star Destroyer is almost a mile long: plenty of place for rooms, corridors, docks with smaller starships, etc.)

2) Where energy is running out, many problemes are generated: All mechanical and electronic devices cease to function (opening a simple door becomes a problem); there is no light; air is no more regenerated (although it may take some times before it really becomes a problem); and... local gravity is changing (as gravity devices also cease to function).

3) Escape what it becoming a death trap. So quickly their goal will be to find a dock with some available smaller starship.

But then, add all of the following:

1) The starship crashed onto a water world similar to Saturn in size. She is deep underwater and slowly sinking. Furthermore, gravity is much heavier on this world, so when gravity device cease to function, everything is suddenly weighing twice or thrice its normal weight...

2) There are still enemies inside the starship: battle droids, soldiers, as well as the occasional monster that also had escape from cryogenic devices. There are also plenty of mechanical traps.

3) Natives from this world: they are a race of totally alien gient octopuses, with powerful abilities in the Force. They are outside the starship right now, but are projecting their "astral body" inside the starship...

4) The PCs should finally begin to learn what's happened. The Empire caught a powerful Force artifact and was bringing it back to the Emperor. This artifact waslinked to the PCs for some reason, so they had been captured (tracked down by some evil jedi) and put in cryogenic state to prevent whatever the imperials feared could happen with the artifact in the vicinity.

5) So the PCs should better get the artifact, find a starship inside the sinking Star-Destroyer, and leave the place (maybe seeking the Jedi order thereafter.)

:cool:

Last edited:

Rokonin

First Post
Turanil said:
Is it a PBEM by email? If so, I would be interested to play in it!

No, sorry. I had planned on playing it over the AIM chat rooms.

Thanks for the idea, though. I really like it, and will probably use all/part of it. Really creative!

Faraer said:
Try this. Do you know what sort of campaign it'll be at all? PCs are Jedi, PCs are Judicial Department officers?

Cool link, thanks alot. No, I decided to let the characters have free roam, then model a campaign around them, adding or subtracting details as needed.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads