• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars - Rebellion

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Oraltor has one of the three blaster rifles. Izon has a second. Does Ryn have the third? Someone else is welcome to use the hunting rifle from the wreck.

Oraltor will go low, following Ryn's lead. Although they now matched the stormtroopers in numbers, he worried about their chances against the trained, armored squad.

Mother Jungle, grant the droid wisdom. Failing that, give him persuasiveness. Failing that, give us all good aim. Failing that, grant us all swift feet.

Catulle

Hero
Calven picked up a rifle at the same time as Izon, more or less. I was under the impression that covered all three.

Crouched low on protesting joints, Calven eased forward in the bush sticking with Andre and gesturing to parallel Ryn and Oraltor as best he could see, retaining distance. Classic crossfire... good thinking, kid. He hunkered down as Ryn dropped out of sight, extending the stock with a practiced air borne out of years-old training, and sighting up on the most likely position for the tropers to stray into. With a quick signalled appeal for Izon to take up a similar stance, he hid as best he could and kept as still as possible, once more the patient hunter of his wasted youth.

Last edited:

dpdx

Explorer
Ryn still has his original blaster pistol. Ryn has no training on the rifles, so it didn't figure that he should take one.

Ryn motions for Oraltor to stay back, so as to maintain the advantage of high terrain, and to take advantage of the extended range of his new weapon. Ryn continues to slowly pick his way down the slope, staying covered and concealed, until he is within range of at least one stormtrooper with his blaster pistol.

After Leo's distress call, one of the Stormtroopers replies, "Stand by."

Those still watching the area with the Stormtroopers and the ship see one of the troopers break off his watch of the perimeter and move over to the man working on the ship. He cut the channel so what he is saying is impossible to discern. After a moment, the trooper is seen disappearing into the ship. He returns a few minutes later with two more Stormtroopers in tow. The three of them head off to the south, blasters held at the ready. The channel comes to life again and Leo hears the trooper say, "We're on our way. Stay put." Leo is certain that these troopers will come withing a few meters of his current position.

Two troopers remain standing watch around the perimeter of the ship, one on the southeast side and one on the northwest side.

The man at the back of the ship goes back to his repairs.

OOC: Okay, as far as I understand your actions, Ryn and Oraltor are east of the ship, after having used the cover of the ridge to get into position. Andre and Calven left shortly after them and are just a little bit behind them. Izon then followed as well, and is a bit behind Calven and Andre. Leo is still in position south of the ship.

dpdx

Explorer
"Leo, three gnarkrheiwee headed your way. Get scarce.", Ryn says softly over his comlink, which is set to the crew frequency.

Ryn continues: "Okay, 'Raltor and I have the one behind the ship, the rest of you have the one in front. Once one's down, we can all concentrate on the one that's left. Sound like a plan? Oh, let me know when the detail is over the ridge. When you hear blaster fire, that'll be the signal to start."

Mickerus

First Post
In a gesture of panic, Leo briskly shuffles away, attempting to remain silent and still put as much distance from the approaching stormtroopers' path as possible before carefully flopping down into the underbrush out of view in an attempt to hide.

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Oraltor nods at Ryn's suggestion. He readies the blaster rifle, although he checks to make sure his pistol is charged and ready as well. Silently he hopes that Andre and Leo are taking cover.

Oraltor also keeps one eye on the man doing repairs. It would be good to prevent that one from getting into the ship, if at all possible. However, it would also be good to take him alive.

Oraltor is not proficient with blaster rifles, so he will fire the pistol if he feels the proficiency penalty outweights the range penalty.

maddmic

Explorer
Izon stops where he's at and looks back to Leo's position. If there is ample cover, then he will hide and wait for the troopers to show up. Whispering over the comlink he says, "All, I'm going to stay and cover Leo's escape. When you go down there, be careful. I'm betting that there are more than two down there guarding that ship."

OOC:
Izon will hold his position until the troopers arrive. Once the firefight begins at the ship, he will wait until the troopers go back the way they came and then he will fire upon them from behind.

Calim

First Post
I don't want to be here. I don't want to do this. Why do I have to do this. Someone else could do this.

Andre starts trying to get his blaster out of its holster and realizes why the straps are there. He starts to put the straps on to hold the holster in place and readies himself to die.

Catulle

Hero
Calven could feel the tension rising with each new slug of information delivered fresh and stark through the muted comm. He watched as Andre prepared himself. Okay, new priority - keep the kid there as safe as possible...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads