Star Wars: reboot/remake?

Zardnaar

Legend
They're not going to recon VII-IX.

Sequels probably should have been made in the 90s.

Well I suppose you could make a sequel without the old cast or have the Luke/Han in minor roles.

They didn't do a very good job in the world building or passing the torch to a new generation.

So much information was put in other media so it was hard to follow what plot they did have.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
They're not going to recon VII-IX.

Sequels probably should have been made in the 90s.

Well I suppose you could make a sequel without the old cast or have the Luke/Han in minor roles.

They didn't do a very good job in the world building or passing the torch to a new generation.

So much information was put in other media so it was hard to follow what plot they did have.
I’ve read no SW books since before the EU got de-canonized, and I’ve never read a SW comic book, and I had no trouble following the plot of the sequels.

Only issue I have with them is that Luke’s story makes it so that there isn’t really room to tell more stories about him. Or at least not as much room as they could have left.

Zardnaar

Legend
I’ve read no SW books since before the EU got de-canonized, and I’ve never read a SW comic book, and I had no trouble following the plot of the sequels.

Only issue I have with them is that Luke’s story makes it so that there isn’t really room to tell more stories about him. Or at least not as much room as they could have left.

Personally I would have kinda sidelined Luke after the first movie. Wouldn't have killed him off though and there would have been a reunion with Leia and Han.

A reboot would be beating a dead horse even more than it already is

EDIT:
At least if it was a total reboot. I'd be down with a reboot of the Disney sequels (as this would allow then to de-canonize Last Jedi)

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
I think having Traveller Star Wars would be cool.
Psionics = Force Users
Travellers = Smugglers and the criminal underworld
Imperium = Empire or Republic or some other star-spanning culture.

Base the trilogy on 3 Shakespeare plays, like Timon of Athens, The Winter's Tale, and perhaps Julius Caesar.

Brand new characters, far away from the Skywalkers.

In a (different) galaxy far far away...

Derren

Hero
They are already doing a Star Wars spinoff with High Republic.
Although what was so far revealed for it was less than enticing. It has a very Knights of the round Table feel, the primary antagonists are the Nihil (space vikings) and one of the first storylines starts with a freighter breaks up while in hyperspace and now the debris endanger the galaxy as they might hit planets with the speed of light and cause massive devastation which makes one wonder why build deathstars in the first place (or don't blow them up with such debris).

What Star Wars needs is not a reboot, its better writers.

They are already doing a Star Wars spinoff with High Republic.
Although what was so far revealed for it was less than enticing. It has a very Knights of the round Table feel, the primary antagonists are the Nihil (space vikings) and one of the first storylines starts with a freighter breaks up while in hyperspace and now the debris endanger the galaxy as they might hit planets with the speed of light and cause massive devastation which makes one wonder why build deathstars in the first place (or don't blow them up with such debris).

Seriously?

You could technobabble away the problem in Last Jedi because of the hyperspace tether, but this is just stupid.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
... one of the first storylines starts with a freighter breaks up while in hyperspace and now the debris endanger the galaxy as they might hit planets with the speed of light and cause massive devastation which makes one wonder why build deathstars in the first place (or don't blow them up with such debris).

Yeah. Putting the Holdo Manuver into canon was perhaps the second biggest writing fail in Star Wars history. The first being Jar Jar.

Remove ads