• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars SAGA: Treasure of the Dowager Queen (OOC)

Walking Dad

First Post
Hm, Echani dark Jedi with dosh friend sounds cool. I will perhaps change the character background to reflect his "new" origin and it's crunch a bit. (Getting rid of armor feats and maybe change to Jedi 2 than taking a Soldier level.)

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Walking Dad said:
Hm, Echani dark Jedi with dosh friend sounds cool. I will perhaps change the character background to reflect his "new" origin and it's crunch a bit. (Getting rid of armor feats and maybe change to Jedi 2 than taking a Soldier level.)
I did some EU-fu searching and it seems that the correct term would probably be grey-jedi for someone who's not with the order anymore but who's not dark-side user either.

If you go with Echani, you might consider unarmed combat feats also, to reflect his cultural emphasis. But that depends wholly on when he was taken to jedi and how long has he been exiled, and has he studied his own people at all.

Last edited:

Wintergypsy

First Post
Allright, here he is...

KORDO DRAK'LAN

Male Bothan Scoundrel 2
Init +8; Perception +2
1.67m, 55 kh
Languages: Basic, Bothese, Huttese
Defenses: Ref +17, Fort +12, Will +16
hp=22 Speed 6sq Dam Threshold: 12
Str 10 Dex 16 Con 10 Int 12 Wis 12 Cha 14
Melee: Unarmed (1d4), Bayonet (1d8)
Ranged: Westar 34 Pistol +1 (3d8/2d8 s),
Talents: Fool's Luck
Skills: Deception +8, Gather Information +13, Perception +12, Persuasion +8, Use Computer +7, Pilot +9
Feats: Point Blank Shot, Weapon proficiencies (Pistol + simple), Skill Focus (Gather Information), Skill Training (Pilot)
Equipment: Westar 34 Blaster Pistol (cost 900, .75 kg,Licensed), Bayonet, Utility Belt, datapad, long-range comlink, 2350 credits (chip)

BACKGROUND
Kordo can be typified as the scoundrel Lando would've been if he was to be non-human ;) Originally trained in the ranks of the Bothan SpyNet, Kordo honorably resigned in order to go and apply his skills in the smuggling trade. He got the chance to explore parts of the galaxy during his ways as a smuggler and, at one moment, found himself in charge of a ship (and even a small crew). Something...happened to the ship and Kordo now finds himself in between ships/jobs so to speak and is ready to ply his trade in a new venture...
He is always looking for new, interesting information and obscure knowledge and is very adventurous. Although he is a scoundrel, he is not without a heart and is known to have stood up occasionally for a 'lost' cause he believed in. He knows his way around the galaxy though and knows how to interact with all kinds of people...always seeking a chance to learn and to do business.

APPEARANCE
Sort of standard height for a Bothan, wears a regular spacetrader outfit, with the addition of a long, black trenchcoat. His Blaster can be seen dangling at his side, and he hides a bayonet under his clothing (for when melee combat gets ugly).

((If we already have a pilot, Kordo can also act as co-pilot if needed. Or we can take turns))

Make sure to tell me if i overlooked something or made an error..
Also the Westar-34 pistol is from saga-edition.com It's slightly stronger than a regular one, and it costs 900 creds. I've deducted my equipment from my starting cash.

OutlawJT

First Post
Blackrat, you do know that Trandoshans don't make life debts, right? Not to say there couldn't be an exception but since it is a Wookie only cultural thing he'd probably have to be heavily influenced by the Wookie's somehow.

possum

First Post
OutlawJT said:
Blackrat, you do know that Trandoshans don't make life debts, right? Not to say there couldn't be an exception but since it is a Wookie only cultural thing he'd probably have to be heavily influenced by the Wookie's somehow.

Yeah, they do. Slyssk in the Knights of the Old Republic comics series swears a life debt to Gryph after the Snivvian saved his life. It's part of their culture. Heh, more EU-fu.

Sorry for the unoriginal name, but I can't find a generator for Barabel names like I can with Bothans, Duros, Twi'leks and others.

Tesar

Medium Male Barabel Scoundrel 2
Force 2; Dark Side 2
Init +8; Senses Perception +6
Languages Basic, Barab

Defenses Fort 13, Ref 18 (Flat 16), Will 13.
HP ??; Threshold 13

Speed 6 squares
Melee Claw +3 (1d6+3) or
Melee Bite +3 (1d6+3) or
Melee Tail +3 (1d8+3) or
Ranged Blaster rifle +3 (3d8+1)

Base atk +1,

Abilities Str 14, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 12.
Talents Fool's Luck
Feats Point Blank Shot, Quick Draw, Weapon Proficiency (rifles)
Skills Deception +7, Initiative +8, Perception +6, Persuasion +7.

After leaving his home, Tesar has never looked back. It isn't that he misses his family and friends, it's just that he's found a lot more interesting things out in the galaxy. Turning to a life of crime, Tesar pulls upon the stereotypes of his species, acting like a generic hired grunt to others despite his own aspirations to start his own gang of outlaws.

Diesel

First Post
Walking dad hows this for echani stats (as a near humnan race) .

I originally posted an unofficial version of the echani. However I think its not very well balanced. Heres my version which reflects their unarmed and martial background and prowess.

Let me know what you think.

[sblock]ECHANI
(Silver-haired near human)
Size: Medium
Speed: 6 squares.
Combat Ready: An echani may reroll any Initiative check, but she must take the second check result.
Echani gain Martial Arts I as a bonus feat.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Bialaska

First Post
I am just checking in before heading out to work. However when I get home I might change my character to another race, since I wasn't planning on being part of a race with honour and honour depts and such. Maybe I should use EU-fu and not just what the Core Rulebook said about the race.

Diesel

First Post
I dont have my book available but I could have sworn the rulebook of one of the RCR books mentioned such debts among trandoshans as well. Not sure, but regardless, its plausible just as a character background thingee.

Bialaska

First Post
Diesel said:
I dont have my book available but I could have sworn the rulebook of one of the RCR books mentioned such debts among trandoshans as well. Not sure, but regardless, its plausible just as a character background thingee.

There might be something in a book somewhere, but I just read over the description of the race in the SW Saga book and that one had no mention of honour. Honour is for wookies, Doshies are brutal, violent and driven.

Anyway, I'll consider it, been having several interesting ideas other than the Dosh.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads