Star Wars: The Acolyte starts June 4

Looks like The Acolyte will start on June 4, 2024. Trailer likely drops tomorrow (March 19, 2024)

EDIT:
The Acolyte Teaser Poster, Premiere Date Revealed

In The Acolyte, an investigation into a shocking crime spree pits a respected Jedi Master (Lee Jung-jae) against a dangerous warrior from his past (Amandla Stenberg). As more clues emerge, they travel down a dark path where sinister forces reveal all is not what it seems….

The series stars Amandla Stenberg, Lee Jung-jae, Manny Jacinto, Dafne Keen, Charlie Barnett, Jodie Turner-Smith, Rebecca Henderson, Dean-Charles Chapman, Joonas Suotamo, and Carrie-Anne Moss.

The Acolyte comes from creator and showrunner Leslye Headland (Russian Doll), who also serves as executive producer alongside Kathleen Kennedy, Simon Emanuel, Jeff F. King, and Jason Micallef. Charmaine DeGraté and Kor Adana are the co-executive producers, and Rayne Roberts and Damian Anderson are producing.

Last edited:

aco175

Legend
I not going to get too excited, I have seen the mess Disney has put out lately. It will most likely come down to character development and the hero overcoming setback and making growth over just being born the best from the start like Rey was.

Helena Real

Dame of Solamnia (she/her)
Really excited about this! For me, the High Republic is the future of Star Wars, far away from the Skywalkers and their BS—and without any of its baggage. As such, it's a period ripe for exploration and, most importantly, innovation, which SW sorely needs, IMO.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Disney is about 50/50 with me. Andor was astonishing and I like the other grounded stuff they've done, like Rogue One. But they also gave us Boba Fett: Driver's Ed Instructor and Obi-Wan and His Precocious Kid Sidekick.

The first episodes of this will overlap with the second half of Doctor Who on Disney+, assuming no scheduling shenanigans, so I may well keep our subscription going if this lives up to its very good poster and trailer.

Remove ads