• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars - Wrath of the Rebellion

Status
Not open for further replies.

drnuncheon

Explorer
Re: Cool news!

Gospog said:
Hello all.

I just wanted to brag. Thanks to a fortunate coincidence of georgraphy and timing, I will be in this Star Wars campaign!

Mrs. Gospog will be playing as well.

So look for Lexo Yust in Wrath of the Rebellion...and get excited!!!

drnuncheon crashes into the theater, leaping over seats, and dragging mrsnuncheon with him. Dr. Midnight and the Gospogs? This should be good...

J
...why did I move back to Pittsburgh again...?

Jettok

First Post
Update Folks. As it seems I didn't get to Doc M in time. The game has filled up with 6 people. I'm still invited but if you every saw our tiny gaming room then you would see that 7 people just wouldn't fit. But I'll be waiting on the sidelines if anyone drops out. Next time I should check with the group before posting :). Well maybe futher into the campaign you'll see a crazy Jawa tech who is trying to be a jedi but you'll just have to wait. Good luck Doc!

Dr Midnight

Explorer
Character generation went well today, with Tom & Jill finding themselves mixing quite nicely with Doug, Matt & Josh. Lots of like interests and geek conversation.

The characters:

Drugas Krinbar- human ex-Storm Trooper
Woonwooken- Wookiee scoundrel
Dent Darkstar- Deep space pilot
Uschi Neff- human scout
Lexo Yust- human Force Adept
T'ek Nova- (pronounced tee-eck) human Jedi

The action starts on the 19th!

Gospog

First Post
We cannot wait! Josh and Melissa were great hosts, and we're really looking forward to playing with this group!

In the meantime, Doc M, I was wondering if you were open to hearing the story of how Lexo Yust and Woonwookin met, prior to thier joining the rebellion? I know we kind of discussed it, but I'd be happy to type it up and submit it for your approval.

Till then, I'll be sharpening my force pike and counting down the days till the 19th.

Thanks.

Dr Midnight

Explorer
Here's a Gospog-written backstory covering how Woonwooken and Lexo got together. The concept for their relationship isn't really Han & Chewie, it's more like Tango & Cash. Think buddy movie... constantly bickering "friends" who find themselves bound into adventures together.

l1: Woonwooken
Woonwooken's furry hands blurred as they moved the three shells around. Faster than the eye could follow, she palmed the small red ball from under one of the shells, distracting her mark with a Wookiee growl as she did so. The mark, a short, pale human, looked up at her in confusion.

"What? What do you want me to do? What's with the shells?"

Woonwooken growled again, this time with frustration. This would be a lot easier if she could find a mark that spoke Wookiee. Woonwooken indicated the three shells with a sweeping gesture. The mark was sure to get the hint. It would only be a matter of time before he was separated from his credits.

"Huh? Is this some kind of Wookiee game? It's kind of stupid."

"Wharaagh!" In a fit of Wookiee rage, Woonwooken flipped over the table, sending all three shells flying. The pale human fled for his life.

Eventually, Woonwooken calmed down, and stooped to recover her shells. It occured to her that not many people on Tatooine spoke Wookiee. If she wanted to make some credits, she needed to get off planet. And to get off planet, she would need a ship...

2: Lexo Yust
Lexo Yust adjusted his wide-brimmed hat, to better hide his features. It was too hot on Tatooine to wear the atmosphere mask that hid his face so well. His Ice Bear skin cloak was stashed in his backpack. He drummed his fingers impatiently as he waited for Gleetu, his Rodian contact, to return.

Lexo hated Tatooine. It was too hot, for one thing. It also had an uncomfortably large Imperial presense. They seemed to be looking for something. Well, whatever they were looking for, he thanked the great bear spirit it wasn't him. As he lounged outside the cantina, he kept one eye on his ship, the Frostlight. He was here to get rid of it. But you couldn't just dump a ship and expect to not to leave a trail. Lexo was on the run. He had to erase all trace of where the Frostlight came from before he could safely abandon it. That's where beings like Gleetu came in. On Tatooine, a being could get anything done, if he had enough credits.

Movement by the Frostlight caught his eye, and his hand went to his force pike. What he saw made his jaw drop in disbelief. A seven foot tall Wookiee, with a ribbon in its hair, was sidling up to the hatch of his ship. As he watched, the Wookiee (he thought it was a female), produced several small metal rods and plastic cards from her gloves, and went to work on the lock.
Lexo was on his feet and approaching the Frostlight just as the hatch slid open and the Wookiee tossed a long black bag inside.

"Hey!", yelled Lexo, "Get away from my ship!".

The Wookiee looked behind her in shock, the ribbon in it's hair bouncing up and down. She roared her defiance just as Lexo triggered the button to bring his force pike to life. Wookiee hearing picked up the dull whine of a vibro weapon, and Woonwooken's hand began to reach behind her.

Just then, an electronically amplified voice said "Hey, you there, stop!"
A squad of four stormtroopers was advancing towards the Frostlight. They had a shady looking Rodian in tow.

Lexo tried hard not to panic. His mind raced through quick calcualtions, trying to decide if it would be possible to talk his way out of this. Woonwooken tried hard not to panic...and failed. She reached back into the Frostlight, into her "little black bag".

Lexo shut off his force pike. He raised his hands in a sincere-looking shrug. "Is there a problem, sir?"

From behind Lexo, the sound of blaster fire rang out. The lead stormtrooper took a blaster bolt between the eyes, dropping him instantly. The trooper next to him received two blasts to the chest and was thrown to the ground in a heap. The wookiee was letting loose with a barrage of fire from a large bowcaster.

Gleetu the Rodian ran for his life. Stormtroopers were one thing, crazy Wookiees were quite another! He disappeared behind a nearby building.
Lexo's head whipped around to see Woonwooken leveling her bowcaster for another shot. As the remaning stormtroopers raised their blaster rifles, his hunter's instincts took over. He triggered his force pike even as he brought it sweeping up to cut the nearest stormtrooper's gun in half. Woonwooken's bowcaster spoke again, and the fourth stormtrooper was blasted to the ground. Lexo spun his force pike over his head in an arc that connected with the seal between the fourth troopers helmet and breastplate. All four stormtroopers were down.

Woonwooken grumbled to herself, barely audible.

"Yeah", said Lexo "I hate Imperials too."

Woonwooken's head snapped up, staring hard at Lexo Yust. Could it be?
Woonwooken growled an interrogative at the young human.

"Yes, I do speak wookiee, but I'm more worried now that we just cut down four stormtroopers in broad daylight!"

Woonwooken wasn't listening. She grabbed Lexo, tucking him under her arm, and ran towards the opposite end of the spaceport. There were other ships.

3: Epilogue
A short time later, Lexo became Woonwooken's offical mouthpice. Attempting to get off of Tatooine, they tried to con a smuggler out of his ship. They failed (go figure), but the smuggler was a member of the Rebellion, and knew potential recruits when he saw them. This is how the unlikely duo came to find their roles as heroes within the Rebellion.
~by Gospog

Last edited:

Dr Midnight

Explorer
Here's the party's only Jedi (sniffle, sob) backstory. Doug came up with the concept and I wrote this history along with all the smaller details.

T'ek (pronounced TEE-eck) Nova's mother was killed in the Jedi purge shortly after he was born. His mother was Do'ul Hurno, a respected jedi who'd fallen in love with a Dantooinian cargo ship pilot. She left the life of a jedi behind her to become Do'ul Hurno Nova, wife and mother. This did not spare her when the Emperor scoured the universe for jedi to hunt and destroy. Shortly after her death, she appeared as an apparition before the infant T'ek and ingrained in him several directives in life.

When he reached seven years of age, T'ek remembered something he didn't even know he'd known for years. He went to the family housekeeping droid and unscrewed its back panel. He removed several pieces and attached them to each other. He seemed to know just how they'd fit. When he was done, he pushed a small metal button and a four-foot beam of blue light emerged from one end. He'd found his mother's lightsaber. More to the point, he knew where to take it. He left home for Tatooine.

Once there, he paid a local everything he had to take him to the outskirts. The local took him as far as he dared, and T'ek had to walk the rest of the way. He was surrounded by several frightening-looking humanoids with goggles and wrapped faces. They moved in to attack him, and in a panic he lit the lightsaber. They stopped in their tracks, then fled. T'ek was surprised to see that the sight of a lightsaber could inspire so much terror in his attackers.

"Little one," a voice spoke from far behind him. "Where did you find such an odd weapon?" T'ek whirled to see a brown, robed figure walking towards him over the rise of a rocky hill. The boy clutched the lightsaber in fear and regarded this new intruder with wariness.

"I'm looking for someone," T'ek said. "Don't come any closer."

The man raised a palm and waved it through the air. "Easy, my young friend. I'm not here to hurt you." T'ek felt waves of soft calmness wash over him, and he felt at peace.

So it was that Ben Kenobi and T'ek Nova met. Kenobi had been contacted seven years earlier by Nova's mother, and had agreed to train the boy when he was old enough. For eight more years, T'ek trained in the way of the Force, in the desert, in secret.

In his fifteenth year, T'ek learned that his father was under threats of suspension from the Imperial trade routes for delivering to and from known Rebellion sympathists. T'ek was needed back home. He asked "Master, is it right that I should leave my jedi training to go and work a simple job to help my father?"

Kenobi smiled and replied "T'ek, as a jedi, the best thing you can do is to help those in need. Never forget that."

Nova left for Dantooine. He worked as a hired hand on a moisture farm to help his father, who was experiencing harassment from the Imperials. For years the two suffered in poverty for the choices of T'ek's father. Eventually, the poor cargo pilot could barely get any work. He took to drinking heavily in the local cantina. One night, T'ek went to the cantina to bring his father home. He walked in to find his father facing five drunken louts who were about to attack him for being "sympathist scum".

T'ek leaped forward with his lightsaber. He deflected the blaster shots and disarmed the assailants, who fled. He put the saber away to see every eye in the cantina on him. In his anger, he'd neglected that the way of the jedi was now a secret art. Any of these scoundrels in the cantina could sell him to the Empire. His life- and his father's- could well have been over.

Through his despair, he heard footsteps behind him and turned defensively to find a nondescript Bothan pilot. "You fight well with that thing," it said. "Are you supposed to?" Seeing the desperate look on Nova's face, he said "Easy, easy. I'm not going to turn you in. In fact, I'd like to offer you an opportunity. If the stories of your father's sympathies are true, and your use of that thing means what I think it means, then we may have a place for you..." he lowered his voice to a whisper. "...in the Rebel Alliance."

After eleven years in the Rebel Alliance, T'ek became a gifted and legendary Jedi Knight. He was saddened recently to learn of Master Kenobi's death, and presses on in his goals: to help the Rebellion as best he can, and to suppress in him the urge to avenge his mother's murder.

The hardest lesson that T'ek has had to learn is that Jedi do not avenge.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads