• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stardust

Dioltach

Legend
I watched this movie on a long-haul flight last week, and even on a tiny screen I thought it was amazing. It's a well-balanced mix of fantasy, comedy and action. One of the most likable movies I've seen for a long time.

Pyrex

First Post
It was definately a lot of fun. When it comes out on DVD there's a space for it on my shelf right next to The Princess Bride. :D

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I agree it had a similar feel to "The Princess Bride," perhaps even a little less hokey. And I must admit to loving watching Robert DeNiro play against type.

JediSoth

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I was one of the few people disappointed, largely because I've loved and internalized the illustrated book. I have a strong internal vision of what Stardust should look like, and sections of the movie really screwed with that. The difference was jarring!

Brown Jenkin

First Post
Acid_crash said:
Love the movie, way better than Harry Potter and my second favorite movie of this year... so far.

I'm currious what your favorite was because this was my favorite fill in several years.

JRR_Talking

First Post
saw it today, was pretty good though claire danes seemed a tad wooden. 9 year old son was transfixed* for the whole 2 hours

nice way that magic works, to stay in D20 theme, and good scorching rays, animate dead and heat metal

John

* i.e no toilet break.

Krug

Newshound
I quite liked it but was rooting for Pfeiffer. The main cast was rather blah. Let the witch win and marry the prince I say! (Yes she'll probably turn him into a frog or lizard but that's fine. ;) ) Thought Deniro was just silly.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads