Starfinder Outpaces Pathfinder In Fall 2017!

Starfinder outpaced Pathfinder! Wow!

Fastest moving product for Paizo ever at Gen Con 2017. I suspect you'll find it's just a blip - normally the new hotness hits positions #4 and #5 for a quarter then drops off, leaving #1-3 as D&D, PF, and SW. Because it's Paizo, this time it hit position #2. I'm willing to bet anything Pathfinder will be back at #2 next time -- but we'll see!

Yep, I think you're on the money. I think it is an initial release high which will then subside significantly for additional releases beyond the core rulebooks.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Well, if you did not depend on just Icv2 lists and Amazon ratings and could actually get sales figures for WotC D&D vs Paizo Pathfinder en Starfinder... Paizo does a TON of direct sales, WotC does very, very little. ICv2 only does FLGS and doesn't ask for hard numbers, just gut feeling... And seeing how many fanboys are actually running FLGS, it's such an undependable chart!
Yeah. Paizo's CEO, Lisa Stevens, knew before ICv2 released the info that PF had out sold D&D as early as 2009 if I remember correctly. She had a blog post about it that I'm way to lazy to search cause it won't mean anything anyway.

And I was a bit jesting in my original post. StarDungeons and StarDragons?

darjr

I crit!
Yeah. Paizo's CEO, Lisa Stevens, knew before ICv2 released the info that PF had out sold D&D as early as 2009 if I remember correctly. She had a blog post about it that I'm way to lazy to search cause it won't mean anything anyway.

And I was a bit jesting in my original post. StarDungeons and StarDragons?

Yup and the icv2 info showed that too. And I for one am hoping for another “star” game to come out.

S

Sunseeker

I'm a little surprised at this since the first and only copy of Starfinder my local store ordered in is still sitting on the shelves.

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
Your local mileage will vary. I think starfinder is unquestionably a huge success.

If agree on this front. I drop by my local store once a week, on what is coincidentally one of two days each week they receive their RPG shipments, and almost every time I go they are restocking Starfinder. It looks like it's moving only a copy (or two) per week, but since this store is primarily a comic shop I'd say that's no small feat.

Gorath99

Explorer
I'm a little surprised at this since the first and only copy of Starfinder my local store ordered in is still sitting on the shelves.
Isn't it just because of pricing? Some stores in my area charge literally twice the price you can get books for online. If anything, I'm surprised they sell any copies at all.

S

Sunseeker

Isn't it just because of pricing? Some stores in my area charge literally twice the price you can get books for online. If anything, I'm surprised they sell any copies at all.

Maybe? They can barely keep 5E books on the shelves. Xanathar's sold out within the first couple days here (5 or so copies) and so did his second shipment (again like 5 books). I prefer to buy things in the store even for the increased cost than online. Because I like having stores in business.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads