Starfinder: Red Dawn (IC)

eayres33

Explorer
Jenner looked around the room and saw that only this new group was in it. “Are you all together?” he asks and when he sees an affirmative nod he reaches under the counter and the group can here the door lock behind them.

“Don’t take alarm, let’s just say that I like to have discussions of this nature.” Jenner flashes a bright smile. “But yes I can arrange passage to get you and your cargo into Gate’s Pass.”

Jenner took out a ledger, “It’s not an easy thing to get into Gate’s Pass unnoticed these days due to partial siege, so it will cost a lot more than your normal fare. If you are all bringing some sort of cargo, then it is 15 credits a piece.”

Looking into the ledger Jenner’s finger stopped on a line, “I have a transport leaving within the hour and the next one leaves at first light in the morning. Do either of those work for you?”

Kaodi

Hero
Tolar shifts just a bit uncomfortably. "Seventy five credits is half again what I was expecting our excursion to cost us," he says. "I propose you lower your fee to sixty six credits. That works out to thirteen per person plus one extra we will call 'good will'."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2pt87mb.jpg

Akiton/Gate’s Pass/Jenner’s Trading Post

“Yes, that is quite steep,” Elyea said with a concerned frown. “Within the hour might be best.”

As Tolar tried to negotiate, Elyea said, “Excuse me. Do you have a little ladies room?” she asked. When directed to the bathroom, she slipped off, allowing Jenner to turn his attention back to Tolar.

Then Elyea quietly and surreptitiously cast a spell.

OOC: Casting Charm Person. Will save DC 15. Lasts 1 hour.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Standard:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Stamina: 7/7 HP: 10/10 Resolve: 5
EAC: 12 KAC: 13 CMD: 21
Fort: 0 Ref: 0 Will: 6
Spells
0 (DC 14): Detect Magic, Fatigue, Stabilize, Telekinetic Projectile
1 (2/3 DC 15): Charm Person, Mystic Cure, Lesser Remove Condition
Conditions:
[/sblock]

eayres33

Explorer
Jenner looked mildly annoyed at Kaodi as he tried to negotiate a lower price. “Now I take it that you are new around here and perhaps haven’t done much business in these parts so I’ll try not to take offense. I know the Ysoki are known as barterers but if you haven’t noticed, I’m not three feet tall and covered in hair.”

Jenner’s face became more neutral and a slight smile crossed his lips, “Now that’s not to say that I am totally unreasonable. I’m willing to take fifty credits if you are willing to do a job for me, or if you are on a mission I find favorable I might be able to agree to your 66 credit, ‘good will’ price.”

Kaodi

Hero
Tolar nods politely, slightly deflated but not out of sorts. "I apologize then. As we wish to take the next available transport, and the details of our business are a bit sensitive, I will settle for paying the full fare. I do appreciate though your willingness to come to a compromise: another time, when things were a bit less pressing, I would have been amenable to your job offer in return for the reduced fee." The kasatha pulls out his credstick. The fee at least will not drain his resources entirely.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Crash raises an eyebrow at the exchange, but knows better than to interfere with the negotiations. In his mind, there are those who do the talking and those who do the shooting. He categorizes himself firmly as the latter.

Instead of just waiting, however, the pilot takes the opportunity to study the room, taking care not to pick anything up and be accused of theft.

OOC: Not looking for anything in particular, just seeing if there's anything of note around.
Perception: [roll0]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2pt87mb.jpg

Akiton/Gate’s Pass/Jenner’s Trading Post

Elyea frowned as she felt her spell refuse to take hold. The man had a strong will. She went to the bathroom, as she had requested, to fulfill the ruse, and then returned. It looked like they were paying full.

“Shall we meet here in an hour, then?” she asked Jenner.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Standard:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Stamina: 7/7 HP: 10/10 Resolve: 5
EAC: 12 KAC: 13 CMD: 21
Fort: 0 Ref: 0 Will: 6
Spells
0 (DC 14): Detect Magic, Fatigue, Stabilize, Telekinetic Projectile
1 (2/3 DC 15): Charm Person, Mystic Cure, Lesser Remove Condition
Conditions:
[/sblock]

eayres33

Explorer
Jenner smiled and wrote something in his ledger, “An hour it is then.”

GM:

Jenner has standard items for sale if you want to purchase anything. I’m not going to roll play any of that out.

I’ll give everyone a day or so to post anything they want to say or do and then I’ll move us forward.

eayres33

Explorer
A few hours later the battered old transport that Jenner is piloting approaches the Southern Gates of Gate’s Pass. The outer walls of the city are forty feet tall, crenelated, with a strange metal awning that sticks out to either side just below the top of the wall. The southern gate itself is twenty feet high and ten feet wide, set into a large gate house.

The air is dry and dusty and two heavily armored guards step out from the shadows as Jenner slows the transport. As the guards readied their rifles at the transport Jenner’s voice called out. “There will be no need for that my friends. We are just humble traders looking to bring the pour people of Gate’s Pass some much needed medical supplies.”

The guards traded a quick glance before one of them approached the transport and stood outside Jenner’s door. The guard looked to be a human male in his early twenties. “So you are a trader today Jenner, I assume you have the proper paperwork?”

“Why of course I do,” Jenner said flashing a wide smile as he handed over his documents with ten credits inside.

At that moment the sounds of a distant explosion rocked gates pass and several planes flew overhead. The guards and Jenner flinched at the sound. The young guard quickly regained his composure,“I’m sorry Jenner, but conditions have worsened since last you came through, the Gates are closed to all but soldiers.”The guard shrugged and gestured towards the sky, “War and all.”

Jenner shook his head slowly, “Sad times I know, I wish you best in the coming battle, but the town will need what I am bringing can’t you reconsider.” As Jenner was speaking he passed a glass bottle containing a brown liquid to the young soldier.

Laughing softly the young soldier motioned for the gates to be open, “I can’t guarantee that you will be able to leave once you enter, the enemy forces will have us surrounded by the end of the night tomorrow. But happy trading.”

Jenner navigated the transport slowly through the crowded streets of Gate’s Pass. “Any where you want me to drop you off?”

Shayuri

First Post
Echo opened her eyes from where she'd draped herself over two seats of the transport; taking advantage of the space. She hadn't been asleep, of course, but rather tinkering with the software on her rig implant.

"Somewhere inconspicuous," she said. "What's the local regs on running around with weapons and armor?"

Remove ads