• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stargate Atlantis 6.1.07 "Sunday" - SPOILERS!

Neither did I...and it made it that much better.

Great episode that seemed like it would be nothing and ended up huge. I had nearly skipped the ep, too.

On a good note...
Apparently Carson will be back in the next season in a couple of episodes...and not in flashbacks or anything like that, but really back somehow.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
On a good note...
Apparently Carson will be back in the next season in a couple of episodes...and not in flashbacks or anything like that, but really back somehow.

I hope not. That would cheapen it, IMO.

BrooklynKnight

First Post
Mark CMG said:
I hope not. That would cheapen it, IMO.

Nope it's true. A bunch of angry canadians protested in front of the studio where Stargate is filmed.

So he'll be back.

It wont cheapen it at all. I mean jeez, there are a billion and one ways to bring him back permanently in the Stargate Universe. Time Travel and Alternate Universes just being two methods.

Suldulin

First Post
The final scene with McKay was kinda similar to when Daniel first ascended and was saying 'good bye' to Jack. . . Same glow and etcetera, would have to double check though.

Last edited:

Elf Witch

First Post
BrooklynKnight said:
Nope it's true. A bunch of angry canadians protested in front of the studio where Stargate is filmed.

So he'll be back.

It wont cheapen it at all. I mean jeez, there are a billion and one ways to bring him back permanently in the Stargate Universe. Time Travel and Alternate Universes just being two methods.

One of the producers of the show said that if they could get the story picked up on a major entertainment news program he would write a two part story with Carson for next season.

They were able to accomplish this by getting mentioed on the Today show, so he is keeping his word.

I knew it was coming because of the Save Carson Beckett movemment on all the Stargate web sites. But I was still blown away by the episode.

That last scene had me in tears. I know that their has been speculation that he did ascend when he died. Which I think would be rather cool. If anyone could reach a higher level it should be Carson.

Last edited:

Wycen

Explorer
The beginning fooled me, I thought it would be an episode about Weir and romance and thus started fixing dinner and didn't really pay attention again until the explosion. Then when I saw the ending I was like "did they really do it?"

Sure enough thanks to google and "stargate atlantis carson" I discovered the truth. If they were going to kill off somebody, it should have been the chess champion, if only because Carson got more screen time.

I wonder if the replacement doctor will be the stargate franchise version of 7 of 9?

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Wycen said:
I wonder if the replacement doctor will be the stargate franchise version of 7 of 9?

I'm not sure if they can replace anyone on Stargate Atlantis. I don't think anyone is left available from any other cancelled sci-fi show. ;)

Elf Witch

First Post
Wycen said:
The beginning fooled me, I thought it would be an episode about Weir and romance and thus started fixing dinner and didn't really pay attention again until the explosion. Then when I saw the ending I was like "did they really do it?"

Sure enough thanks to google and "stargate atlantis carson" I discovered the truth. If they were going to kill off somebody, it should have been the chess champion, if only because Carson got more screen time.

The new doctor will be the actress from Firefly who played Kaylee.

Remove ads