• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

STARGATE UNIVERSE # 13:Faith/Season 1/2010

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
I'd be more concerned with parasites but there didn't seem to even be any insects on that world. Kinda makes you wonder what is producing all the carbon dioxide for the vegetation to process.

coyote6

Adventurer
I think part of Greer's problem is that he has a bit of a self-destructive streak; his anger issues are part of it, and so is the "I'll just eat this thing that might be toxic".

Edit: Whoops, Greer ate on the first trip, before they knew they were staying.

So, out of the eleven that were staying, they showed three or four definitely came back -- TJ, Scott, Chloe, and maybe Volker (he came back, but I don't remember if he was one of the eleven wanna-be-lost-colonists). So did anyone stay behind?

Besides Caine, who must have a doctorate in idiocy -- how many friendly alien races has humanity met in the Stargate universe, versus how many hostile ones?

"Whoever built this has to be nice, and capable of trans-galactic travel, so of course if we hang around they'll give us a ride home, and we'll of course be able to survive the sub-freezing winters until they get here, even though we have zero survival skills outside of Scott and TJ, the Air Force base personnel; what could go wrong? I've got faith!" Yeah, that's clever thinking.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Think Caine and a few others. I would not be suprised to see them 'appear' sometime in the future as "damn, you were right, we GOT probed!"

Eli's friendship with Wray is also another interesting point, as it could marks him as the center of the Destiny crew, he connects with them all.

Crothian

First Post
Do we know how many people are on the Destiney? With a few dying, jumping through unknown stargates and now leaving to live on the planet I wonder if they are concnerned they will run out of people.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Do we know how many people are on the Destiney? With a few dying, jumping through unknown stargates and now leaving to live on the planet I wonder if they are concnerned they will run out of people.

Thought it was more than 100 but less than 150 but figure it may be less.

But now we got robots! Figure we may get some bumpy heads on the way soon.

;)

Wycen

Explorer

I think they wisely left numbers to our imagination.

Quantum

First Post
I personally liked the episode. One of the staple of sci fi stories is a crew lands on an edenesque only to find a deadly threat to force them off the world. This was a nice change from that.

Wray seems to be a bit nicer of a person when she's not following IOA agendas. However, now because of her being one of the main instigators of the mutiny, I'm really suspicious of why she's being friendly with Eli. But I hope this is just being friendly without some sort of agenda.

Still, this thing with Eli being liked by both military and civilian personnel on board, this eventually means that Eli will be caught in between them and forced to choose between them in some sort of future conflict.

Chloe seemed really cold to Eli. When he said "Welcome back" to her she just stared at him. I'm really developing a strong dislike for her. This only further solidifies my belief that the only use this character has is to provide Eli some grief. And eye candy.

Merkuri

Explorer
I personally liked the episode. One of the staple of sci fi stories is a crew lands on an edenesque only to find a deadly threat to force them off the world. This was a nice change from that.

Agreed. I really liked how they had to make the decision between staying in a nice place possibly forever or sticking with much less nice living arrangements with a better possibility of getting home some day. (I think that most of the people who wanted to stay didn't have any illusions about that... they had probably given up on ever going home. I think it was just that one guy who trusted the absent alien overlords.)

Chloe seemed really cold to Eli. When he said "Welcome back" to her she just stared at him. I'm really developing a strong dislike for her. This only further solidifies my belief that the only use this character has is to provide Eli some grief. And eye candy.

She just had to choose between staying in paradise without the man she loved or returning to perdition with him. I don't blame her for being mopey. I'm surprised she wasn't crying. She probably wanted to slap Eli when he said, "Welcome home" because I'm sure she was thinking, "I hate this place... this is NOT my home." It wasn't Eli she was mad at, though, it's Destiny and the whole situation.

Quantum

First Post
She just had to choose between staying in paradise without the man she loved or returning to perdition with him. I don't blame her for being mopey. I'm surprised she wasn't crying. She probably wanted to slap Eli when he said, "Welcome home" because I'm sure she was thinking, "I hate this place... this is NOT my home." It wasn't Eli she was mad at, though, it's Destiny and the whole situation.

I can see that, thanks. However, it's not really certain unless they talk it out to know what's really bothering her.

Remove ads