• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Starship miniatures?

kinwolf

Explorer
Hi,

D20 Future being finally out, I am preparing my space campaign but my local shops have no miniatures of spaceships and are clueless has to who might make some. Anyone would know? Getting some mini that wield futurist guns would be nice too.

For vehicules and mechs(still not sure I will use the later, but just in case), I bought some minis of Battletech: Dark Ages.

Thanks!

Kinwolf

I use a mixture of old Games Workshop Epic-scale miniatures and Iron Crown's Silent Death miniatures for my Star Wars game, though I'm not sure how easy it will be to get hold of them these days. There's also Full Thrust, who do a wide rage of starship miniatures, though they emphasise dreadnaughts, cruisers, and other capital ships rather than the smaller fighters and light freighters that are more useful in a roleplaying game. And Iron Wind have rereleased a lot of the old Battletch models, including fighters and so on.

Infantry and trooper types are a little harder to find. Warhammer 40k minis are very visually distinctive and may not be terribly adaptable to your setting. There's also Stargrunt, but I don't really know anything about them...

Tom Cashel

First Post
Try Copplestone's Future Wars line. I ordered a bunch of minis and had them shipped to the States, and am very happy with them. Good stuff.

For spaceships, take a look through Reaper's CAV pages. Lots of cool little ships on pedestals in there. They're probably meant as terrestrial fighters, but they'd work just the same.

7053_G.jpg

Does D20 Future include starship combat rules?

dargoth3

First Post
Tom Cashel said:
Try Copplestone's Future Wars line. I ordered a bunch of minis and had them shipped to the States, and am very happy with them. Good stuff.

For spaceships, take a look through Reaper's CAV pages. Lots of cool little ships on pedestals in there. They're probably meant as terrestrial fighters, but they'd work just the same.

7053_G.jpg

Love the Predators

kinwolf

Explorer
Tom Cashel said:

Yes it does. It looks mostly like combat btw characters with damage absorption in it(armor of the ship). It is quite simple. Some might find it too simple, but then, this is D20, the simple version of D&D ;)

What I like is that they have included many type of starships with all their stats.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Silent Death IS a good source, and never underestimate the power of LEGOs!

Look around, you may still be able to find starship minis for Babylon 5 and all those GW games. You should also be able to find usable figs in the WizKids Clix versions of Crimson Skies and MechWarrior.

Check out your toy stores... I have picked up fine, die-cast Star Wars toys (like a Milennium Falcon about 2.5" across), tiny airplanes, etc. You may even find tiny spaceships from other movie franchises or toy lines, like the BattleBots toys.

Also, don't be afraid to improvise. I have a kitchen tool that removes the smell of garlic from your hands...its shaped like a stainless-steel teardrop with the fat end covered in black plastic. In the right setting, it has a very alien feel to it. A Memorex Black CD-R also makes a nifty UFO.

Remove ads