Starter Set - $16.99

Scribble

First Post
I agree 100%.

I have 4(?) sets of Dungeon Tiles, and I gave them a shot for a while. I found that my Chessex mat just worked better, in the long run.

I use the paizo flipmat myself. The ability to use a dry erase marker is win for me... Having a wet rag on the game table is annoyong. Wet Inkrag + my gaming books = yuck. :p

However, I am currently using Klaus's/Fiery Dragon's creature counters for KotS and will use them for Thunderspire. I print them on cardstock, and love 'em. I think I would love them even more on Dungeon Tiles stock.

-O

Yep I've been using counter collection gold since I got it a number of years ago. I love it, but DT material would be awesome.

ok back to your reguarily scheduled is the starter set a box of awesome or a box of not awesome.

Simon Atavax

First Post
I'm a 3.Xer (I know, bad juju and all that), but I going to get one (possibly two), just for the monster tokens alone. Thanks Scott (from a 3.Xer :D)

I must admit, I'm actually excited for a new D&D product for the first time in awhile!!!

I wish WotC would come out with an occasional sheet of monster/character tokens to go with the Dungeon Tiles. I really think they would sell. What do you think Scott?

The problem, of course, is that WotC won't want to sell anything that might undercut the sale of miniatures.

Scribble

First Post
The problem, of course, is that WotC won't want to sell anything that might undercut the sale of miniatures.

I don't know that it would though.

The tokens would market to someone like me. I don't buy minis. I don't have the space needed for a good colection. I don't have the time to paint my own, and I don't have the time/money to do the random mini thing. I don't play the minis game, so I have no real need for the skirmish stats. As a result I don't buy minis. I use paper tokens.

I would LOVE to be able to use tokens printed on the same stock the dungeon tiles are printed on. They'd take up slightly more space then the paper tokens, but not as much as the minis, and be vastly more durable, and less prone to blowing around.

So in the case of someone like me, they wouldn't be loosing out on any minis sales because they didn't have any from me in the first place. They'd only be gaining another source of income from me.

I suspect there are more people like me. I could be wrong though! :)

Gallo22

First Post

You're probably right, but even if they could release a small sheet of the counters with the tile sets as them come out, i think it would really be popular. Just think if they were to add "spell effect" tiles as well !!!! Wouldn't it be great to have a handfull of "web" tiles or "grease" tiles, maybe a tanglefoot bag tile, etc...

Remove ads