• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stat Block Software? What to use?

Ninja-to

First Post
I want to make up some stat blocks for NPC's found in some of the modules I've bought. I'd just like to have them ready in front of me and be able to adjust them (I'm using 3.0 but converting to 3.5). What is the best, aka EASIEST and cleanest stat block software for making up these NPC? I really don't like E-Tools very much because there's very little you can customize on it. It's fine for rolling up a random NPC but I want something I can edit more directly.

Wavestone

Explorer
Have you checked PCGen? It's open source and free. It has a lot of options.. perhaps it is too complex for your need? Just a thought.

PCGen downloads

PCGen overview page, with a lot of relevant info

It is very customizable - you can make new content without too much difficulty .. between existing in-program editors, and the fact it is not too hard to learn to code new classes/etc with a little comparing to existing things. Plus they do have a rather active mailing list where one can ask questions.

Of course, it is possible that it isn't your cup of tea.. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads