• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stat boost increasing poison DC?

Croaker

First Post
Would a temporary increase to Constitution (such as from Endurance or barbarian rage) increase the save DC of a creature's poison (according to the MM, poison DCs are 10+half racial HD+Con bonus)? Now that druids have access to both Endurance and the Ex special attacks of wild shape forms, I imagine this might come up fairly frequently.

Ferret

Explorer
I can imagine it. It would say if it wasn't though, and Con is usually Rectroactive.

Last edited:

kreynolds

First Post
Ferret said:
I can imagine it. It would if it wasn't though, and Con is usually Rectroactive.

It is indeed that it is, but it's not always the way it is, and _especially_ because Con is usually Rectropractiva.

Last edited:

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
kreynolds said:
It is indeed that it is, but it's not always the way it is, and _especially_ because Con is usually Rectropractiva.

Hmm, but as everyone knows, Int isn't Raptopectoral... so maybe Int shouldn't be used to calculate Wizard Save DCs, just to avoid the whole Russo-Hispanic issue.

We should use Con for all Save DCs! Rhinoelephant abilities are the best.

-Hyp.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
What the others.... ah, uhm... nevermind! :D

I say that with a temporal Con increase, the DC of poison increases. The same goes for every other DC that is based on an ability score (which is almost every DC there is)

Remove ads