• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stats On A Flamberge?

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
What do you think these should be? Myself, I was leaning towards a lesser version of the dire weapon quality in AU. I'm thinking of flamberge as a weapon quality, as opposed to a sword by itself (which it is, really) - I've seen flamberge-style kris and other weapons.

Sejs

First Post
Katana is a bastard sword.

I'd say a Flamberge would just use the Greatsword stats and be done with it.

Additional: just checked the weapon equivalents table from the Arms and Equipment Guide. Greatsword stats also cover: Dalwel (Burma), Flamberge (France), Zewihander (Germany), No-Datchi (Japan), Claidheamn mor/Claymore (Scotland).

Last edited:

LGodamus

First Post
I too think you should just use a greatsword and be done with it....there is nothing special about a flamberge that would change the stats.

Darklone

There are many houserules though... e.g. 3d4 for damage, simply +1 to damage, ... check out the sword a week thread in houserules.

daTim

First Post
In our game we made the Flamberge 2d6 (18-20x2) and exotic. Since it has a curvy blade its critical threat range should be higher by scimitar logic ;)

Sejs

First Post
Scimitar logic would also say that it's damage would be one step lower. So it'd be a falchion. Heh, keep your scimitar logic out of this. ^_^

MorganKiller

First Post
Sejs said:
Scimitar logic would also say that it's damage would be one step lower. So it'd be a falchion. Heh, keep your scimitar logic out of this. ^_^

Yep... the damage should be an average between a falchion and a greatsword (after all in his game it's an exotic weapon)... What about 1d10?

Camarath

Pale Master Tarrasque
Sejs said:
A Flamberge 2d6 (18-20x2) has one step damage more than the Falchion or has one step better crit range than the greatsword depending on how you look at it so IMO it fit the standard form for an exotic weapon.

Last edited:

Remove ads