Steel Dragons' Art

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Technically speaking a goatee is the close-cropped beard with no mustache, and a van dyke is the close-cropped beard with mustache. It's usually used incorrectly. And I'm a total pedant! No worries. The "trying to whistle" sketch is exactly right if you add the mustache bit and trim down the beard a bit.

Dranko's pants as drawn are more form-fitting than I usually picture them. It gives the picture a little bit of a superhero costume vibe you probably don't want. I like the top of his outfit very much. The whip Coaltongue probably looks a bit more epic-magicky than the one in the picture, however; Dranko made it himself, and he's not exactly the master of understatement.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Sagiro Story Hour III

Continuing with the character's of Abernathy's Company in Sagiro's Story Hour, everyone's favorite chef/baker/fighter/cleric of Yondalla, Ernest Roundhill.

Anyone who doesn't know the story can find it here: http://www.enworld.org/forum/story-h...11-8-10-a.html on ENworld. OR, ENworlder StevenAC has done a fantastic job of compiling the whole story (from waaaay back at the beginning) in PDF form here: Sagiro's Story Hour, collected by Steven Cooper

Look forward to any and all comments.
--SD

Attachments

• sagiro_ernie.jpg
    sagiro_ernie.jpg
    401.3 KB · Views: 163

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
WOOHOO 2,000 views!!

Thanks everybody! I'll try to keep some good stuff comin' atcha.

If you like what you see and want a Steel Dragon's version of your character sketched, hit me up! A shot of your group to share on game night? Pencils, inks, full color (by hand!) Let me know!

I'm happy to take on any comission, freelance projects, trades, whatever. Give me a holler.

Thanks again for the views and interest (and always feel free to comment!)
--Steel Dragons

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Holy crap on a stick! I love Ernie. Going to show KidCthulhu right now (even if she's asleep.)

EDIT: her phrase was "frikkin' brilliant!" You really knocked it out of the park on this one. I think his ears may be a bit pointier than she pictures them, but I love the touches on the armor and the serving platter shield.

Would you draw characters outside of story hours?

I have several characters in living worlds and while I'm finding most of the pictures satisfying, I have two that I could not find that would fit.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Sure, Metavoid! I'll draw characters outside of Story Hours.

PM me with the details of the character.

Thanks for asking.
--SD

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Holy crap on a stick!

That's what I was going for. lol.:p

I love Ernie. Going to show KidCthulhu right now (even if she's asleep.)

EDIT: her phrase was "frikkin' brilliant!" You really knocked it out of the park on this one. I think his ears may be a bit pointier than she pictures them, but I love the touches on the armor and the serving platter shield.

Tell her I'm sorry she was woken up, :angel: but so very happy she (and you) like it.

I do think he came out pretty great...can't really go wrong with a holy crusading halfling baker. hahaha. Seriously, Ernie's a great character (as are they all) and Sagiro does such a fantastic job writing him...he was really kinda easy/practically drew himself.

More to come...hope everyone else comes out as well. :-S
--SD

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Saigro's Story Hour...is this 4 or 5?

Either way, the next batch is out of the oven.

Here's Flicker...
They call him Flicker, Flicker, faster than liiiightniiing.
No other 'ling is smarter than heeee...

?
Well, er "stronger than"...no...eh, "wise".."-er"...hmm.
Uh, well, here's Flicker. :)

and the dwarven "wild"/earth mage, Kibilhathur Bimson...Just flows off the tongue...like a single word. Say it with me, Kibilhathurbimson. Love it.

Happy Sunday everybody.
--Steel Dragons

Attachments

• sagiro_flicker.jpg
    sagiro_flicker.jpg
    405.5 KB · Views: 149
  • sagiro_kibi.jpg
    sagiro_kibi.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 150

Remove ads