• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Steve Kenson's ICONS: Superpowered Roleplaying from Adamant Entertainment

Kenson

First Post
I typed in "Kenson" and it shows up as "Morrus." THEY MUST BE THE SAME PERSON!!!
I will note for the record that Morrus and I have been seen in the same place together at the same time.

(Which should throw them off the track of my secret identity....)

Oh, and you should also count DC Adventures, coming in August!

coyote6

Adventurer
I will note for the record that Morrus and I have been seen in the same place together at the same time.

But can someone who is neither you nor Morrus nor Piratecat* confirm that?

*Because, as we all know, we are all merely alts of Piratecat.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Does anybody (especially anyone with username "Kenson") know when this book will be in stores? I know that pre-orders have gone out already.

I bought the pdf and love it.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Since my nephew is 7 too, we'll have to compare notes. B-)

I was going to report back on this last weekend but then my appendix decided to blow....

Anyhow, both my nephews (ages 7 and 10) both grasp the concept of negative numbers and both greatly preferred the standard Icons dice mechanic of 1d6-1d6, with one die designated positive and the other negative (i.e. two different colors), with one small change. Instead of always subtracting the negative from the positive die, they always subtracted the lower result from the higher result, and if the positive die was higher, the result was positive, and if the negative die was higher, the result was negative. Ties of course being +0.

The younger one had some difficulty with using aspects and the concept of tagging, but I think with more experience he'll catch on.

In general, I think they now appreciate that tabletop roleplaying is more than just D&D (we've been using Microlite20 to play D&D), and all the possibilities and opportunities for fun that implies. B-)

sjmiller

Explorer
Does anybody (especially anyone with username "Kenson") know when this book will be in stores? I know that pre-orders have gone out already.

I bought the pdf and love it.
Well, I was at The Source in St. Paul, Minnesota, and saw it on the shelves. That was yesterday, so I am sure it is out there at other places too.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Right now I'm running an ICONS pbp game here on enworld. I'm finding that the game runs very well in a pbp environment because of how rules lite it is (which is one of the reasons I wanted to run the game I had in mind using it).

Remove ads