• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Still confused by the character builder.

Tallifer

Hero
When I make a character go up a level in the builder, it allows me to chosoe the new feats, pwoers and abilities. But when I giev the character new gold and equipment, it does not register in the statistics. For example, my warlord learned hwo to use a large shield. He then equipped himself with one, but the character summary and sheet do not credit him with having upgraded his shield.

He had an Armour Class of 20 at the 3rd level. At 4th level, his armour class automatically increased to 21, because of the half-of-level bonus. But after he strapped on the large shield, his armour class is still 21.

Saagael

First Post
It's a problem I've had as well, except with equipping weapons. I gave a character a double sword, but only two of the power blocks had the actual weapon there. The rest had "unarmed" as the weapon.

As for why it happens, I can only begin to guess, but I'd say it's more a program error than user error (unless you're doing something silly like forgetting to equip the item after buying it, or not having the proficiency to wear a shield via feat).

Wish I could help more, but other than "make sure the character has the heavy shield proficiency" and "make sure it's equipped" I really can't think of a reason why it wouldn't list a higher AC.

Mad Hamish

First Post
Just remember that there's 2 steps to equipping new equipment
1) Buy it which adds it to the equipment list
2) choose it in the equipped items section of the builder to show that you're actually using it.

Infiniti2000

First Post
If you post your character, maybe we could look at it, too. I played around with it a few times and it worked for me. I'm assuming of course that you have the full version, not the demo? I didn't think the demo went beyond 3rd, but maybe I misremember it.

Tallifer

Hero
Bleah... I wnet back and fiddled and now the armour class works, but the new sword will not register for attacks.

The character sheet thinks he is unarmed now.

Last edited:

Worguron

First Post
I've noticed that too. Sometimes if you right click on the power card it will give you the option to customize it. There you can tell it to display additional weapons and such.

Bleah... I wnet back and fiddled and now the armour class works, but the new sword will not register for attacks.

The character sheet thinks he is unarmed now.

You are wielding a one handed weapon, right?

It should look like this (with other stuff like armor, etc.) at the bottom of the shop tab.

Skallgrim

First Post
I have noticed (and this may also be a coincidence), that sometimes if I equip something, save the character, close the character (and sheet) and then reopen the character and 'regenerate' the character sheet, these things fix themselves.

I'm not sure that the CB 'refreshes' the cards and abilities consistently enough.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads