• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Still trying to find Infinite PP Fountain!

Leathros

First Post
MoI Recharge Trick has multiple variants. Here is what I think is most efficient and low level.

Step 1. Metapower, Linked Power, and a 1st level power. Use Metapower to permanently join Linked Power to your choice of self-targeting 1st level power. (Precognition is my personal favorite.) Now, every time you manifest Precognition (or whatever) + Link Power + Bestow Power, you pay 2 pp in turn 1 (1 for Precognition + 3 for Bestow Power -2 for Metapower), and regain those 2 pp in turn 2. Whee! A free 1st level power. (Requires two feats (Metapower, Linked Power) a 1st and 2nd level power and ML 3; possible by character level 3.)

Step 2. Add any means of reducing augmentation cost by one point. Options include Torc of Power Preservation (limited uses, as amended by MIC), Earth Power, Midnight Augmentation, or (for Ardents) Dominant Ideal. Dominant Ideal is hands down the best in every way, but only available to one class and not available until 10th level in that class. Torc has limited uses. The least expensive feat investment is Midnight Augmentation (requires Midnight Augmentation + Psicrystal Affinity + Psicrystal Containment):

Midnight Augmentation grants 1 essentia, which is the maximum we can invest in a 1st level power anyway, and all that we need. (This moots the need for Psycarnum Infusion.) Select Precognition as your augmented power, and manifest as per Step 1, but now discharge the second focus (from the Psicrystal) to activate Midnight Augmentation. Because players may apply modifiers in the order they prefer, we take the total power cost (4), subtract 1 for Midnight Augmentation (which can only reduce augmentation costs to a minimum of +1), and then subtract 2 more for Metapower (which can reduce augmentation costs to 0).

Now, we are paying 1 pp to manifest Precognition in turn 1 and getting back 2 pp in turn 2 when Bestow Power manifests.

This routine may only be done every third turn. The two intervening turns are required to regain the two foci. But what does it matter? There is no expiration on the pp granted. Instead of resting for 8 hours, our psionic spends 1 hour (600 rounds, so 200 iterations) playing this game and has 200 pp.

Earliest possible level: we've added 3 feats since Step 1, so a human with two flaws could still do this by character level 3.

I don't understand how that works.

But i thought this
Metapower any 1st lvl power with Linked Power
Manifest 1st lvl Linked with Bestow power
That makes a total of 4 pp Spent, but -2 for the Metapower ability that makes metapsionic feats costs -2 PP for the choosen power, that's my 1st lvl, and another -1 for Earth Power.

So 1PP spent, and the next turn, 2PP gained.

Im i right?
I swear to god that if im right, i'll never post another thing of psion tricks here

Lyrad8791

First Post
im not a psionic freak.. actually i have never played or read psionic stuff much BUT by what i have read from this it makes sense. good luck if this works and too bad if it doesnt

Sekhmet

First Post
You are just saying that cause im bothering you with my Psi Threads

AREN'T U ? :.-(

When you manifest a Linked Power you must expend your psionic focus.
Earth Power clearly states that you must retain your psionic focus and be standing on stone or unworked earth.

These two powers can never work congruently (except under the effects of Schism).

Sekhmet

First Post
You do realise that once you introduce infinite power points to your game, any intelligent DM will no longer allow you to play a psionic character, right?

Imagine allowing Dandu infinite spells per day.
Any DM would have a fit - it would ruin every campaign forever.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
You've mentioned your DM approving of your build thusfar.

We keep assuming that ANY DM would reject you persuing these crazy, broken abuses of rules. Because any half-sane DM would. Heck even the crazy ones would refuse.

HOWEVER, this is our assumption. Will your DM actually approve of you using these things in game?

Leathros

First Post
I don't think my DM will allow this.

I don't spend my psionic focus to Manifest a linked power, i use my Psycristal
psi Focus, so i still get the benefits of Earth Power.

Just wanted to know if it's possible, and now i see it is.

Cheesy choice, and ofc, out of question my DM will throw me a Venerable Red
at 7 lvl and i'll have to suck my "power fountain" up .

Case closeD !

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads