• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stiltling Paragon Paths and Epic Destiny

mithril

First Post
Here is where you can find an update of my Stiltlings to 4e Paragon Paths and Epic Destiny, expanded and re-imagined. It's a PDF file.

Included are:

Apex Hierophant paragon path
Stilt Knight paragon path
Towering Magus paragon path

Worldstrider epic destiny

Stilt Feats
Magic Items
Rules on Stiltwalking
Monsters: gnome spindleshank, goblin stiltskin, halfling stiltjester, kobold wobblestilt

Excerpt:

"MOST PEOPLE would tell you that smallfolk lack the strength to use polearms given their size, but they've never seen a Stiltling fight. Stiltlings are among the most impressive combatants among folk of small stature, balanced on a pair of longshafted weapons that serve as legs. Using their hands and feet in perfect synchronicity, these small folk have literally risen above their so-called limitations and embraced their own unique style of polearm fighting. Their favorite saying is, "Tall, small, no difference at all."

The most well-known Stiltlings are heroes of martial might, the powerful Stilt Knights. Wielding two warstilt weapons with both hands and feet, they have perfected a fighting-style that tallfolk have yet to master.

Others are masters of arcane magic on quarterstave-legs (sometimes called Towering Magi), drawing runes of power in the dirt.

A few have found spiritual power through meditation upon their stilts, discovering the divine secrets of the Axis Mundi or the World Tree, becoming living conduits between the sky and the earth. These are the Apex Hierophants.

Finally, there are great legends of grandmaster Worldstriders, crossing the continents and oceans on mile-high moonstilts. Surely those tales are just that?

Sure, it's hard for most people to take pint-sized warriors on stilts seriously...but that's exactly what the Stiltlings are counting on."

Comments and suggestions are welcomed.

rpglucas

First Post
WTF? man you realy realy realy was the most original this week... I recomend you, just for originality, left alone the cool rules

Terwox

First Post
Neat stuff. Glancing through, remember, literally nothing in the game grants threatening reach to characters. You might want to rework that paragon path power.

mithril

First Post
Thanks for the positive feedback, everyone.

Neat stuff. Glancing through, remember, literally nothing in the game grants threatening reach to characters. You might want to rework that paragon path power.

Good catch, thanks. Here's a possible fix:

Stilt Knight Path Features
Warstilt Reach (11th level): As part of the Warstilt Stance, both your warstilts gain the weapon property 'reach', if they are not already reach weapons. You can also assume the Warstilt Stance as a move action.

I'll include that in the revision along with my corrections of a few typos.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads