Stink in Ship's Towers

Kaodi

Hero
Kathan considers what he'd like, then replies, " A shot of whiskey if you would. And I guess I'll take that now, instead of later. "

[sblock=OOC]
Since I refused a story, did the McGuffin I had earlier cost me anything?
[/sblock]

ajanders

Explorer
Kenn hands the man a galifar.
"I'll probably wind up getting another tonight."
He nods to Khuter and Kuthar, then wanders over to the table by the window where he can get a good light for his absinthe.

The spoon, the sugar, the water, the louche...all these things calm him and restore him.
(Kenn takes a 20 on his concentration check to regain his psionic focus.)

He sniffs the absinthe appreciatively.
(It had darn better be good absinthe free of drugs, or somebody's going to be in big trouble.)

He sips the absinthe slowly, leaning back in his char to look idly out the window, where he hopes to be further cheered by the sight of a boat drifting off into the sunset.
He waits for Khuter and Kuthar to join him so they can make some quiet plans.

Knight Otu

First Post
As Kenn enjoys his (as he notes, proper) absinthe, the barkeep pours Kathan a whiskey and grumbles "That's a silver." After a call from one of the tables, he begins to pour some ales. Kenn, to his dismay, cannot find a window that would allow a look at the boat that is supposed to be drifting away from the pier.

Kaodi

Hero
Kathan plops a sovereign down on the counter, picks up his whiskey and tilts it back, downing it. He smiles, and says, " Thanks. That really hit the spot, " and then goes to sit with Kenn.

Drowned Hero

First Post
Knight Otu said:
The barkeep eyes the gold pieces with a frown and asks "Got bigger change, per chance? Two ales is just a silver. And I can't help ye with magical rings.

'Aye my friend, the one gold is for the room, the other will buy the next beverage i will have' 'i will kepp you informed'
Khuter goes and sitts with his friends

Kaodi

Hero
After Kathan discreetly scans the crowd, Kathan whispers to his companions, " I'm thinkin' we should make quick and go to our rooms. I don't think we'd have a good chance of hooking on to something out here. "

[sblock=Spot]
1d20+3=12
[/sblock]

Knight Otu

First Post
Khuter said:

'Aye my friend, the one gold is for the room, the other will buy the next beverage i will have' 'i will kepp you informed'
The barkeep shrugs and shoves one of the gold pieces Kathan gave him back to the changeling.

As the group scans the crowd, they notice that the Eel still is not seen anywhere. Those who retire to their rooms find a small room with a single bed, a chair, a desk, and a dresser. A single window allows looking outside.

Kenn nods amiably at the other two K's.
(As a side note, I fully expect that I'll confuse you three at some time. ;))

Kaodi

Hero
Kathan urges his companions to finish their drinks quickly before hauling them off to their rooms.

Once they are inside, and the door closed, Kathan turns to them and says in a low voice, " Let's be finding us that slippery bastard. He's got to be in here somwhere, it's just up to us to find him. I suggest we try and figure out where that window leads and make an appearance. "

ajanders

Explorer
OOC(Ken looked vaguely out the windows, right? Enough to know a little bit about what's outside?)

"I didn't see him downstairs...maybe he's in one of the rooms?"
Kenn shrugs.
"There's a limit as to how many times we can get the wrong room in this place, I think. This looks like a privacy loving bunch. But if we go downstairs and get roaring drunk, we could probably each pick a different room to be wrong about and sound most of the place out."

From force of habit Kenn peeks under the bed. You never know what the previous occupants might have left you, and it's very embarrassing when it's a corpse. Particularly if it's a surprise corpse...

"But we probably don't want to stay in here too long: he could be down the stairs, out the door or window, and away."

He grins.
"But if you want to make an entrance, we could go down and ask if anybody's lost a boat..."

Remove ads