Stone Mountain, GA, USA OD&D(1974) looking for gamers

howandwhy99

Adventurer
beer_motor said:
Hey I'm living near Ponce in VA highlands area, been really looking for a 3.5E Eberron gaming group to muck around with. But mostly I want a mature (like, with jobs and stuff) group of reasonable folks to play with, the less smelly the better. Know what I mean? I don't think I ever played 1st Ed... heh... I wasn't born until '77.

Well, I take it you noticed we are playing the Original D&D (1974) edition. If you want to play, I would think Diaglo would welcome you. I will wait on his post before confirming anything.

As a group most of our players are married. You wouldn't be the youngest in the group either. Most of our players are in their 30's. Yes, everyone washes and follows the basic hygiene rules. And personally I think Diaglo has developed a damn fine D&D room dedicated to the game.

In terms of what to expect in game: this is pure D&D and I think you will like it. Our current group focuses mainly on decision making and planning, though combat and roleplay occur throughout the sessions as well. A lot of IC play is done on the groups website. Plus personal characterization and world culture are more potluck in nature. So a strong imagination is the most important thing.

beer_motor

First Post
howandwhy99 said:
Well, I take it you noticed we are playing the Original D&D (1974) edition. If you want to play, I would think Diaglo would welcome you. I will wait on his post before confirming anything.

As a group most of our players are married. You wouldn't be the youngest in the group either. Most of our players are in their 30's. Yes, everyone washes and follows the basic hygiene rules. And personally I think Diaglo has developed a damn fine D&D room dedicated to the game.

In terms of what to expect in game: this is pure D&D and I think you will like it. Our current group focuses mainly on decision making and planning, though combat and roleplay occur throughout the sessions as well. A lot of IC play is done on the groups website. Plus personal characterization and world culture are more potluck in nature. So a strong imagination is the most important thing.

Cool - I would prefer a 3.5E game, since I just like the system, but I'm willing to give a 1E game a try, if you'll have me. When do you guys usually play (like what day/time)? The married thing is great, as my gf (whom I live with) isn't likely going to go for the 12-hour session every saturday night thing, heh. Would like to hear some details, if you get the chance. Or you can email me, if you like.

howandwhy99

Adventurer
I see you've found the site. Ask away on the group board and you should receive answers. Diaglo should notice you there before too long as well.

diaglo

Adventurer
welcome aboard. :D

next session is this sunday. 1200-1800hrs. i see from the yahoo site, you won't be able to make it. we'll work you in when we can. don't be afraid to shoot some ideas my way for your character concept. or just blast them away at the group. everyone is very good at giving you feedback.

MonsterMash

First Post
Sad to see that the story hour seems to have vanished (I haven't looked in any archive threads though).

Well I know where to contact for a game if I ever get over to Atlanta.

diaglo

Adventurer
MonsterMash said:
Sad to see that the story hour seems to have vanished (I haven't looked in any archive threads though).

i think howandwhy99 will be adding to the Story hour very soon. he has his notes for session 5 almost together.

loki44

Explorer
Yes, howandwhy99 is working diligently to get the story hour updated. We just finished session 14 so I think you can expect a flood of entries in the near future.

beer_motor

First Post
MonsterMash said:

Actually, if you click the links in howandwhy99 or diaglo's forum signatures, you can get to the StoryHour (I also added it to my signature). It appears both links point to the same StoryHour.

Last edited:

howandwhy99

Adventurer
beer_motor said:
Actually, if you click the links in howandwhy99 or diaglo's forum signatures, you can get to the StoryHour (I also added it to my signature). It appears both links point to the same StoryHour.

I fixed the .sig so it should point to the storyhour and character gen thread.

JoeBlank and I both have links. I'm glad you added one too. :)

Diaglo is pointing to his Banewarrens Opus. (in case you have a few days time on your hands)

EDIT: and the OD&D! Just spotted it.

MonsterMash

First Post
Got to say I have avatars and signatures turned off in my normal view of the boards, but I had subscribed to the thread. It was just a case of not being able to see it in the Storyhour forum.

Remove ads