stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft: Ch. II [IC]

Stormwind

First Post
As the last of the apparitions is destroyed, Ashlyn glances searchingly at the far wall in the other room where the fireplace is located, before she turns her attention to the sleeping figure on the bed. Not feeling particularly trusting, Ashlyn draws back the veil on her sight that allows her to see undead for what they are and looks at the girl once again.

[Detect undead on 'Gertrude']

Once she is assured of the girls nature as one of the living, then Ashlyn turns her head towards Irene and asks, "As you are a familiar face to her, perhaps it would be best if you were to wake her."

"I wonder how and why she is here at all."
Ashlyn muses.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Jarrith shakes his head in bewilderment. "I dunno what is going on here... but so long as things are this strange... I don't think we should linger about."

He looks over at Khensu and Tessa, who both are still feeling the effects of their life energy drained from them. "We are in no shape to deal with more of this nonsense right now. We need rest. We now have this one..." he nods toward the sleeping girl, "...to bring home... and we need to do a thorough read of the tome to find out what else is going on with this land."

He takes a deep breath and looks to the others. "We have what we need for the moment... I say we depart and replenish ourselves, so that whatever is here in this castle can be dealt with more efficiently later."

s@squ@tch

First Post
Marot the Deadly

"While I agree with what you say, Jarrith, I believe you should give the sleeping lass a kiss, perhaps it would put an end to her slumber?"

He cracks a smile and elbows him in the ribs.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=Marot]There is a faint aura of warding magic on the bed itself. Odd, but it may have been protecting the sleeping girl.[/sblock][sblock=Ashlyn]The girl is not undead.[/sblock]Ireena puts away her sword and gently shakes the young woman. Her eyes flutter open, and with a start, she sits up, attempting to cover herself with some bed sheets.

"Vh-Vhat? Panni Koylana? Wh-who are dese people? Vhy are you here? The Lord did not say nothing about visitors!

pathfinderq1

First Post
DEFCON 1 said:
He takes a deep breath and looks to the others. "We have what we need for the moment... I say we depart and replenish ourselves, so that whatever is here in this castle can be dealt with more efficiently later."

"I think I have to agree with that," Tessa said wearily. She could still feel the weakening power of the undead's touch, and she knew that the effect would linger for some time- perhaps forever. Now that they had the tome, a retreat to town made the most sense, but it was hard to muster up a forceful agreement to anything- all she wanted to do was lie down and rest, even though she knew that would do little to restore her strength.

stonegod

ireena looks at Gertrude with a mix of concern and discomfort. "It is fine, Gertrude. Please, get dressed. We need to leave."

The girls eyes go wide and she shakes her head vehemently. "No! I no go back to Mama! She mad, never let see day again! Lord say I be safe here, can have anyting I vant. I hate it out there! Hate it!" The tantrum on the young woman is natural, somehow, as if she was a naive as she sounded.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Sir Khensu looks down at the young woman and says gently "I understand you concern, child... however, regardless of any problems you have with your mother, you cannot leave her in her current state of grief. If you care about her in any way... you must let her know that you are unharmed at the very least."

He walks over and smiles at her. "Whether you stay in her house or not is a discussion you two can have at some point... but to let her think you dead is cruelty in it's harshest form. Talk to her. Explain why you felt the need to leave. Try to come to an understanding. A mother and child should not have to live at odds."

Stormwind

First Post
Ashlyn stands back for a moment as Irene awakens the sleeping Gertrude. As the girls naive nature becomes more apparent, Ashlyn steps forward and speaks, "Hello Gertrude. My name is Ashlyn and our vocal companion here is Sir Khensu. We spoke to the Lord downstairs and he was most vehement that the castle is still a dangerous place and we have indeed found this to be the case. Perhaps it would be safer in town for a while. I'm sure that you could always return here once the danger is past."

[Diplomacy +10 (Ashlyn is trying her best to convince Gertrude, taking into account Gertrude's naive nature and her obvious infactuation/dependance on the 'Lord'.)]

stonegod

Gertrude throws a minor tantrum at Khensu's words, balling her fists and banging on the bed. No! I hate it out there! Here, I get all the pretty things, and Lord brings me good food. He even talks to me when he can. Sometimes. Its not much, be he still comes by! There's nothing scary here. Nothing bad happens. Ever."

Ashlyn patiently tries to convince the girl. Its obvious she is infatuated with the Lord, and point that makes Ireena obviously feel sorry for the girl. It is patently impossible to convince her that place is dangerous. And mention of her mother only sours things. Janis sarcastically mentions that she could be Ireena's maid, "she'd get a good view of the Lord there", but the girl takes to it enthusiastically, even if Ireena does not.

Soon, the girl is dressed and ready to proceed. "I'll be the Lady's maid until the Lord finally marries me!" Ireena only sighs.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Marot the Deadly

"Yikes, there must be something in the water around here...." Marot says under his breath,"So many simpletons and crazies. Must be the lack of sunlight...."

Raising his voice so that all may here, "Let us begone from this place and spend the afternoon licking our wounds in town then."

Remove ads