• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

stop sleight of hand pickpocketing?

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Start talking about how much fun it would be to have his character serve you as a minion in the afterlife. Then make good on your threat. It doesn't have to be because he stole from you. After all, you never knew he was stealing from you. You're a dread necromancer, and that's what dread necromancers do.

As good as any defense the rogue might give for what he's doing.

Considering the campaign is in Freeport, it might be a good idea to invest in a phenomenal Spot score anyway though. If your DM allows retraining from PH2, then take Alertness and Skill Focus: Spot and max out ranks in Spot, even if they are only cross-class. After you catch him doing it and make him pay the consequences, retrain the feats and skill points. By that time you should have enough tricks to keep him away.

Trap the soul has always been my favorite anti-theft device.

Mirror

Explorer
Man, you guys are just mean. I'm not even playing in that campaign but I can tell people are sterotyping. I played and seen played other classes as pickpockets, including a druid, a wizard, and a paladin, of all things. Just because there's a rogue in the group doesn't mean automatically the rogue robbed you.
I WILL say though, that a pickpocket in a party that steals items needed for combat effectiveness needs to be dealt with. I may have played a char that lifted currency off of allies (and dropped them in another ally's pocket to shift the blame), but I have never and will never run a char that will inhibit a character's ability to fight.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
Man, you guys are just mean. I'm not even playing in that campaign but I can tell people are sterotyping. I played and seen played other classes as pickpockets, including a druid, a wizard, and a paladin, of all things. Just because there's a rogue in the group doesn't mean automatically the rogue robbed you.
I WILL say though, that a pickpocket in a party that steals items needed for combat effectiveness needs to be dealt with. I may have played a char that lifted currency off of allies (and dropped them in another ally's pocket to shift the blame), but I have never and will never run a char that will inhibit a character's ability to fight.
Well, he knows, OOC, that the Rogue is pickpocketing.

TheEvil

Explorer
If I understand correctly, he isn't just stealing from you, he is stealing from other party members as well, and they have no problem with this?

If he is just picking on you, slit his characters throat in his sleep. No warnings. If called on it, simply point out that your character hates rogues. If the GM and the rest of the group really have no problem with you getting screwed over by one of the other players, then you really need to find a new group.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
I still think, by the logic that appears present in your campaign, that if it's ok "In Character" for the Rogue to pickpocket the rest of the party and get away with it, it should also be ok, "In Character", for the Dread Necromancer to kill the Rogue and animate his corpse.

Hopefully you can simply verbalize this statement to your DM and the party in a rational manner, and when they see the harm in this very logical line of thinking, they will agree that the Rogue should stop.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads