• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Storm King's Thunder Miniatures

AngryTiger

Explorer
Fortunately, these minis are not designed for miniature hobbyists, they are designed for D&D role players and DMs. I like to run my game using lots of minis, and I prefer to spend my time planning the adventures, developing my own campaign, and prepping for the next game session. (I am running my home-brew D&D world).

Well yes, that's what i use miniatures for too. I don't know why anyone would collect miniatures for the sake of it, if not planning to use them on a game. I just prefer my miniatures to not look absolutely hideous, and also not cost arm and a leg.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Then again, if you're getting upset about the giant scale now, just imagine how we all felt when Reaper went to a completely different scale in the late 90s I think. All my Ral Partha and Grenadier minis look like halflings and dwarves compared to all the modern minis lol

*edit* the photo sucks for quality, but you get the gist. Here is a Ral Partha minotaur, compared to a Reaper wizard, compared to a Reaper minotaur. Those old minis don't exactly strike fear into the heart of the players anymore lol

minis.jpg

Last edited:

hopefully we get some kind of confirmation on who these npc's are. Were they cut from the original adventure or are they part of the next adventure which hasn't been published yet.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
I am most curious about what race is represented by Cazi Alphelandra (6/45). She is on a small base, kind of elvish looking but a bit small for an elf, way too tall for gnome or halfling.

Last edited:

pukunui

Legend
hopefully we get some kind of confirmation on who these npc's are. Were they cut from the original adventure or are they part of the next adventure which hasn't been published yet.
I have a feeling some of them might appear in the Neverwinter MMO. Also, I think the guy with the big sword (Clag? Crag?) is depicted in the double-page art with Kleef and the beheaded hill giant.

Caecafortuna

First Post
In the full-case purchase (that's 4 bricks of 8 packs in a sealed case) I got a complete set except for the invisible versions of 4 figures. With each release, that has been the situation. 3-5 of each common, 2-3 of each uncommon, 1 of each rare, half of the very rares (the invisibles).

How much would that cost? Is that 32 packs total?

GarrettKP

Explorer
Thanks. How many total minis did that include? Also, did I read correctly that there are 45 unique pieces in this set?

I don't know off hand but 45 sounds correct. It includes 129 minis (33 Large or Huge). 32 packs so 128 minis plus the case incentive promo so 129.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads