D&D 5E Storm King's Thunder

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Grudd Haug/Cave
Afternoon
Round 0

Dren turned over his weapons to the prisoners. He was sure there would be more killing soon and he could rearm himself if needed. He stood stoically as the tribal man painted his face, unsure what it meant.

“Thank’ee, friend,” he said. “Go wi’ the gods an’ be safe.”

[sblock=Actions]
Dren Rockfist Character Sheet
Action (Extra Attack):
Bonus Action:
Move:
Reaction: Deflect Missiles, Opportunity Attack, or Slow Fall
Object Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 16
HP: 51/51 HD: 6/6d8+2
Ki: 2/6/R
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Treasure]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tranio - half-elf death cleric
Fistan - human wizard
Carolina - halfling rogue
Dren - dwarf monk
Bethany - human fighter
Aremus - half-elf paladin
Ordrar - dwarf eldritch knight
[/sblock]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Once these folks have retreated to safety, let us search the ramp to the west and see what we find. I don't mean to tempt the fates, but this has been going pretty well so far!" said Aremus with his usual enthusiasm. He nodded to Ordrar in an attempt to reassure the dour dwarf.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
He stood stoically as the tribal man painted his face, unsure what it meant.

“Thank’ee, friend,” he said. “Go wi’ the gods...

"You are probably married now." Ordrar comments later in Dwarven. He is not about to insult the barbarian by making fun of its mores, but Dren...

Last edited:

Pigs are slaughtered here, as are unwanted trespassers. The river has punched a hole in the north wall, creating a stream that runs through the place. A crude log bridge spans the waterway, which flows out of a gash in the south wall and tumbles down a wall of logs outside. Flies buzz around three blood-spattered wooden tables spaced about the room. A 30-foot-long wooden ladder climbs to a 20-foot-wide hole in the ceiling ( judging from the sound this ladder leads to the vary crowded banquet hall Rillix saw earlier).

The rungs of the ladder are spaced 3 feet apart. For Medium and smaller creatures, every 3 feet climbed on it costs 1 extra foot of movement. Lying atop the easternmost table is the carcass of a slaughtered pig.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Well," said Aremus with a shrug, "I could go have a look before we give up entirely. It sounds dangerous up there, I agree."

OOC: If there are no objections, he'll leave his shield down here and climb up to have a quick look at what's up there.

Neurotic

"We could weaken the rungs, when giant falls it falls really hard. Second and fourth I think are the best."
Ordrar thinks for a moment and adds "We still can try our hand at the dam or burning the place down."

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Before Aremus checks things out, Tranio suggests, "I'd have thought drawing them down here, where they can only come one at a time, would be tactically stronger. Weakening the rungs will get one of them, but perhaps just making some noise will get only a few down at a time. We don't want them finding another route."

"That's assuming we see this as our fight to fix."

Last edited:

Neurotic

"I had no intent on fighting them here. They would simply throw things from above and we cannot do anything about it. We weaken the rungs. One falls. Other tests third rungs and hopefully not the next and falls too. Some damage to pride and infighting while we do something else." Ordrar explains.
"Once again, we're not here to fight"

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Grudd Haug/Cave
Afternoon
Round 0

Dren looked over at Ordrar when he commented about him now probably being married to the tribal barbarian. He chuckled.

At Ordrar’s protestations again, Dren said, “Wuild ye rather jus’ leave them t’ prey on the towns an’ villages aroon’ ‘ere?” he asked. “They ‘ad pris’ners. They be on the warpath.”

[sblock=Actions]
Dren Rockfist Character Sheet
Action (Extra Attack):
Bonus Action:
Move:
Reaction: Deflect Missiles, Opportunity Attack, or Slow Fall
Object Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 16
HP: 51/51 HD: 6/6d8+2