• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Storm King's Thunder

Miros: Tranio's words lift his spirits just as the tressym happily leaps into the bartenders' arms. "Rillix," Miros exclaims in surprise and delight as he goes to pet the flying cat. "Thank you, friends. That was not easy news to bring a stranger, but you did your duty. I shall not forget it."

Ordrar: The watchmen nods and will hurry off to tell the others to scout for ground forces.

Transport: Darovik looks to the sky and smiles as six giant eagles descend. The mighty creatures land and size the party up. " May Chauntea protect you all," the Abbot prays, never stating if these are mounts or druids before you.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Aremus gracefully slides up onto one of the eagles and says, "You lie on your stomach and hold onto these feathers, here. Your feet go here, and when it shifts to one side or the other, you slide the opposite way so you're always on top, see?"

He demonstrates, and his bird lifts off the ground and circles overhead. While he does he leans in and says to the eagle, "I am Aremus, if you don't already know me. Thank you very much for taking me up to meet these giants. With Chauntea's blessing, we will make peace with them and avoid a conflict."

Then he calls down to Ordrar who is looking up at him with a dubious expression on his bearded face, "Come, friend dwarf! It is safe and easy enough! Let us meet these giants and see what we can do!"

TallIan

Explorer
Fistan, Wizard 5

When Fistan presents Rillix to Miros he explains to the tavern keeper, "I mastered the ritual to summon a familiar while we rested at Nightstone and Rillix came, it means he is a celestial spirit but he seems to show remarkable loyalty to your family and you. It would not be the first time such a spirit has used a wizard in this way to achieve it's own ends. If he wishes to stay with you, I will release him from my service, the ritual to find a new companion is not so taxing.

As Fistan recalls what the various banners descending from the cloud means, he puzzles out load what it could mean. When the Abbot suggests flying mounts, Fistan is relieved. His suggestion of levitating people up was becoming ever more absurd to him. He began to worry that his power was over taking his good sense. As if to reinforce that point he pays little attention to Aremus' instruction, instead clasps his staff chanting, drawing sigils in the air. He didn't know if his companions could speak giant, but it wouldn't hurt to have someone else who could understand anything being said that may not be meant for their ears. Casting his ritual means that Fistan in the last to mount up and join the party heading towards the clouds.

OOC: Ritual cast comprehend languages.

Also I don't want to bog down play over Rillix, I just feel Fistan's character would release Rillix in this scenario and summon another familiar. It's just a name change, so nothing plot/game breaking either way.

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]AC: 12 (15 with mage armour, 17/20 with shield)
Initiative: +2
HP: 30/30 (HD: 5/5d6)
Arcane Ward: 14/14 THP

Offense
Spell attack: +7 to hit Spell DC: 16
Quarterstaff: +2 1d6-1B

Luck: 3/3
Healing Potion

Spells
CANTRIPS (3): FireBolt, Light, Minor Illusion, Mage Hand
LEVEL 1: (4/4): *Mage Armour, *Shield, *Fog Cloud (C), *Thunderwave, Sleep, Unseen Servant (R), Alarm (R), Find Familiar (R), Comprehend Languages (R)
LEVEL 2: (3/3) Flaming Sphere (C), *Misty Step, *Levitate (C), *Web(C)
LEVEL 3: (2/2) *Counterspell, *Fireball[/SBLOCK]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tranio hops onto a large brown eagle's neck, and wonders if it's impolite to hold on by the feathers. He looks to others, and follows their example.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Carolina looks at the eagle in front of her; it truly is a beautiful creature, though it's giant size is a bit taxing for the halfling. "A little help?" she asks of anyone still on the ground.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Ordrar helps Carolina and then climbs on his own eagle.

"I hate flying." he grumbles "If we were meant to fly, we would have wings." but he continues "Thank you for lending us yours. Wings I mean."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ch2b76.jpg

Goldenfields/Northfurrow’s End Inn
Afternoon
Round 0

Dren was just as unhappy as Ordrar about this development. He eyed the eagles warily. “Dunnae ye drop me…” he warned. “Cuildnae even get a saddle ‘r anythin’ t’ ‘old ontae.”

Awkwardly the dwarven monk clambered on board the eagle. He clenched feathers for dear life and closed his eyes tightly. He didn’t need to see the ground hurtling up at him when he fell.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Bonus Action:
Move:
Reaction:
Object Interaction:

Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 16
HP: 34/41 HD: 5//5d8+2
Ki: 5/5/R
Darts 10
Arrows: 20
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Treasure]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tranio - half-elf death cleric
Fistan - human wizard
Carolina - halfling rogue
Dren - dwarf monk
Bethany - human fighter
Aremus - half-elf paladin
Ordrar - dwarf eldritch knight
[/sblock]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
As Dren clambered aboard his eagle, the bird's head twisted to one side and it squawked. Aremus called out to him, "Not those feathers, my friend! They will pull at it's head! These feathers will not come out and will not annoy your mount. Yes, that's right."

When everyone was ready, his eagle made a high-pitched call and he said, "We are off! May Tymora give us her blessing!"

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ch2b76.jpg

Goldenfields/Northfurrow’s End Inn
Afternoon
Round 0

Dren winced and repositioned. “Sorry,” he murmured to the eagle. “Very sorry…” Great. Now he’d pissed the thing off. It was going to be a short, hard trip to the ground.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Bonus Action:
Move:
Reaction:
Object Interaction:

Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 16
HP: 34/41 HD: 5//5d8+2
Ki: 5/5/R