Storyline Announcement - The Game

Having just made it back to the site after more than a couple of years away, I'd be interested in signing onto a storyline. I have a couple of characters I could drag out of semi-retirement for a variety of roles.

One of them has already been nosing around, curious fellow that he is.

You can reach me on MSN (greg@aelfen.net) or via email at the same address.

Tharivious

First Post
Too lazy to switch to the Xerneth account, not that it's a big secret. :p

Thus far, I've heard from all but four players from the Taken/The Rescue plot. And so far, all of those players are interested in taking part when they have time. I believe that leaves six of the previous twenty-two characters unconfirmed, which isn't as bad as I had expected it might be. One of the others is a dead character that won't be returning, but Xerneth has already found a suitable place-holder, and another left the Rescue thread early due to creative differences, and won't be returning.

To those still interested in joining in that I haven't heard from via email (or that haven't replied to ones I've sent out):
Please, send the requested information in the previous post under the Xerneth name. Part of the point of making this storyline open is to get some sense of direction from the people interested in joining in. I'm not out to drive the entire thing by myself.

My email is in the EnWorld system, click the name, select email, and send it. :)

Dontella said:
Someone refresh my aging memory..

Ice clones or.. other things?
Unless that was due for the end of The Rescue mission... not to my knowledge. Let's see if I can do a two-thread-and-a-plotline-recap-in-60-seconds of what I know...

Malek the Ice Lich kidnapped eight characters who he deemed valuable to his enemies, freezing them into large blocks of ice in his lair in a frozen wasteland. This occured over several weeks' time in the chats (which I missed, unfortunately, so I can't fill in the blanks on reasoning - I'll leave that to Bhryn, if she so chooses). He issued the offer to allow one or two rescuers per victim to travel to his lair to attempt a rescue. Thirteen answered the challenge, and were sent through a magical teleportation device to the wastes, where they met up with Irilym, started a trek through snow, ice, and nasty monsters driven toward the party by Malek and Xerneth... and then the thread stalled out.

These numbers lead us to the Eight (Taken), Thirteen (Rescuers), and One (Irilym, the double-agent) mentioned in Xerneth's note.

I know that there was more planned for The Rescue, but we never got to it because some were getting bored, or wanted to get back to the chats, various reasons. I can't rule out that ice clones were involved, but I can't confirm it either. :p

Rymdael Zylkyr

First Post
OOOOOoooohhh MUCH fun can be had with this :) Although, there are some revisions that I would likely need to iron out with you on this one, I'm sure that we'll get things worked out before things get rolling too much.

*waves to teh Bhryn* :heh:

Jaerc

Explorer
I can clear things up a bit. Picking up with the recap A few months back I decided to jump-start this storyline under the title Winter Is Coming. I talked a bit with AJ and Bhryn and worked some stuff out. That would be the source of Malek menacing folks with the Chess Game, and the Ice Clones of mostly dead people.

The following is OOC for the organizers of this. I'd love to play but I'm typing this a few hours before India and I wont be back for awhile. If you don't want to know, don't read past this point. i give full permission to use any of it.

A newly reformed Malek was manipulating these individuals, taking his icy revenge. He created ice clones of Dante, Jaerc, Alantie, and (maybe) Kirion iirc. After much talk of what to do, since he revealed little beyond Bhryn being his Queen and the Maestro being his "special token". This suddenly ended and approximately at the same time Jaerc disappeared as hasn't been heard from since. (The real reasons being I became sooo busy IRL, the IG reasons are up to Xerneth Karjen)

THE PIECES
Kendrac Kegstand (White Pawn)
Rhane Arturant Nightstar (Black Pawn)
Rom (White Pawn)
Garak (Black Pawn)
Re'shak Del'anier (White Pawn)
Dragona Nightsky (Black Pawn)
Alantie Tairis (Black Hunter)
Sev'anar Dir'asol (White Pawn)
Nevine (White Pawn)
Gellaenan (Unknown)
Bhryn'ovyl Astairre Trueblade'Iriden (White Queen)
Armin Gedrin (Unknown)
Rym'dael Zy'lkyr (Unknown)
Ceres Ursidae (Black Knight)
Tharivious Meliamne (Unknown)
Jeajea Veanson, Servant of Tymora (Black Priest)
Ariadne (Unknown)
Tarran of the Wolfsong Grove (White Pawn)
Backstrom (White Pawn)
Jaerc Morningstar (White King)
Kirion Violatta (White Hunter)
Dante Trueblade (White Hunter)
Fier Foxfer (Unknown)
Elenya (Black Rook)
Marcus Brightblade (Black Pawn)
Dontella (White Priest)
Byron Anthony (White Knight)
Droston Melor (Black Pawn)
Lheryl (White Priest)
Acaed (Black Pawn)

OTHERS INVOLVED
Maestro
Callista
Davon
Sincor
Richard Corrin
Dearah
Siani
The Sril'vre Cress
Kesmic
Sincor
Irilym

Please contact me via email at jaerc.fflewdyr@gmail.com and I'll help out with this any way I can. 3.5 weeks isn't that long and I'll have some 'net access. :D

Tharivious

First Post
Pending character information that I have received is being taken under consideration - expect emails out within the next few days with some feedback. Still waiting on more information from other players.

Rymdael Zylkyr said:
OOOOOoooohhh MUCH fun can be had with this :) Although, there are some revisions that I would likely need to iron out with you on this one, I'm sure that we'll get things worked out before things get rolling too much.

Aye, quite a bit to figure out, and plenty of time to do it. Good to have you back 'round these parts. ;)

Jaerc said:
Ahh, so that's what that was about, and where the ice clones/chess game thing was coming from. I was barely informed of that aside from a wee bitty post that I saw, and what Bhryn could tell me about that. Interesting to know, but ultimately, not much of an impact on this. It's a shame that didn't pan out, though.

I've also taken notice that some of the characters are tied up in another ongoing boards thread elsewhere, so I don't necessarily expect involvement there, though it would certainly be welcome. ;)

Naturally, characters mentioned as part of that information update are more than welcome to get in touch with me about joining the fray. :)

However with those clarifications you've made, I can further clarify the differences:
Xerneth's ideas are neither as grandiose, or as specialized. He seeks to bring emotional distress, confusion, and concern to those who he's going after. He feels a need to take revenge on the original failed plot on anyone involved that he can track down. To take the game analogy, replace the chess board with a dart board that has an eternally shifting bullseye; it can fall on anyone at any time, and move to someone else before finishing with the previous subject. Expect some nice, high paranoia moments, and probably more of a horror movie environment than a typical fantasy plot. There won't be a lot of open combat, or mass scenes involved, it's going to be very personal between antagonist and protagonist, as it was when Xerneth first started with Alantie and Bhryn, but with plenty of ties to bring it all together once the pieces start being put together.

Enelya

First Post
Jaerc said:
THE PIECES
Kendrac Kegstand (White Pawn)
Rhane Arturant Nightstar (Black Pawn)
Rom (White Pawn)
Garak (Black Pawn)
Re'shak Del'anier (White Pawn)
Dragona Nightsky (Black Pawn)
Alantie Tairis (Black Hunter)
Sev'anar Dir'asol (White Pawn)
Nevine (White Pawn)
Gellaenan (Unknown)
Bhryn'ovyl Astairre Trueblade'Iriden (White Queen)
Armin Gedrin (Unknown)
Rym'dael Zy'lkyr (Unknown)
Ceres Ursidae (Black Knight)
Tharivious Meliamne (Unknown)
Jeajea Veanson, Servant of Tymora (Black Priest)
Ariadne (Unknown)
Tarran of the Wolfsong Grove (White Pawn)
Backstrom (White Pawn)
Jaerc Morningstar (White King)
Kirion Violatta (White Hunter)
Dante Trueblade (White Hunter)
Fier Foxfer (Unknown)
Elenya (Black Rook)
Marcus Brightblade (Black Pawn)
Dontella (White Priest)
Byron Anthony (White Knight)
Droston Melor (Black Pawn)
Lheryl (White Priest)
Acaed (Black Pawn)

I look forward to this storyplot again.

Bhryn

First Post
Rymdael Zylkyr said:

Oh... great - these two will be at each others throats again! XD

Bhryn

First Post
...as a random aside, it's 'Strife'Iriden' - not Trueblade'Iriden. She reverted to her original name after Dante died ;)

Remove ads