• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

str bonus with double weapons

Uruk

First Post
I'm a little torn on how to rule on the strength bonus on a double weapon. Per the FAQ using a single head you get 1.5 str damage. However, when using it normally, with both heads, does the player get their normal strength bonus on both heads? Etools seems to indicate they do and I can't find anything that contradicts this in the PHB. The only thing that might indicate otherwise is when the Sage and PHB say that normal attack penalties apply. However, in a liternal sense I would think that only applies to attack rolls and not damage. So which is it:

1st hand / 2nd hand
a. normal normal
b. normal half

As a side note it's pretty bad design to put this only under the strength section, but maybe that helps differentiate between attack rolls and damage.

dcollins

Explorer
The Sage has consistently ruled that "normal attack penalties" does include the damage modifiers. Thus the multipliers are x1 and x0.5 with a double weapon.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads