Strahd's Goblinoid mini campaign "Yar Gock

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Mek (Bugbear Ranger 1)

As the bugbear goes to bite Ur'nagi, Mek whips his hand axe at the bugbear, not trying to kill it, but to let it know that this is not going to happen while he is on watch.

He then turns to the laughing kobolds and unleashes a not-so-quiet angry roar while flexing his muscles an brandishing his war axe. (Scary ain't I. :mad: Growl. :heh: )

Once they scatter he will prepare to gather the hand axe (unless Ur'nagi does) and let her out; quietly locking the door behind them.

[OOC: Throwing Hand Axe +4 - d6+4 ]

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
ic - Yar Gock

Ur'nagi, has little difficulty in avoiding the bugbear's attack. If she sees what Mek is about to do in time, signals for Mek to stay his hand. She bites back her anger, she should have seen this coming. She did see it coming, she admits to herself. Why did you not do something before? She has no answer, and worrying about it won't help.

"Well, you are still alive anyway," she says to the captive bugbear. "That's a good start."

[sblock=ooc]Not sure how you are going to determine this. Hopefully this helps. Ur'nagi - Init+3, Reflex +3, Spot +0, Sense Motive +0.

FreeX - Shouldn't Mek be Level 2 now? Strahd handed out 1500 xp, iirc. Or are all PC's considered character level 2?[/sblock]

FreeXenon

Mek (Bugbear Ranger 1)

Mek pauses at Ur'nagi's request.

[OOC: I have a +1 level adjustment for being a bugbear mostly from really nice stat adjustments. :) ]

Rhun

First Post
Nerrak bears his fangs and growls at Shagrash as the bully turns and walks away. That one would soon learn respect. Shagrash may be an elite guard, but someday...soon, Nerrak hoped, he would get his comeuppance.

FreeXenon

Mek (Bugbear Ranger 1) - Prison Room

Mek smiles evilly and then looks to Ur'nagi and continues to smile.

The massive bugbear points to her and rasps out:

"Take them ..." *pointing to the two cackling kobolds* ".. clean main entransss"

He growls to them "Ur'nagi leadsss" and finishes that "conversation" with a threatening glare at the pair of kobolds, and then walks to the cage to glare at the captive bugbear to make plans in retribution for its outburst. He muches on some of food the warrior-woman brought while contemplating.

[Edited: kobold" slaves ]

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
ic - Yar Gock

Ur'nagi snorts, showing her teeth. "When you can whip me in a fight, then, maybe I will consider doing your bidding."

Ur'nagi returns her attention to the captive bugbear. For a moment she struggles to remember why she is here. When she does, she wonders if there is any point to it. She sighs softly. She checks the creature over for any wounds.

"Eat your food. If you want something to drink, say so now."

After Ur'nagi has finished with the bugbear, she returns to the blind dwarf, giving him the rest of the water.

When she is ready to leave, she points to the two kobolds.

"You, you will come with me."

Gathering up her sword and shield as she goes, Ur'nagi takes the kobolds out to do their work. She keeps a close eye on them, placing herself between the kobolds and any escape route.

She watches them as she works. She wonders what they feel. They must know of Madlub's hunger for flesh and blood, and so the fate that awaits them. Does that make them stronger, or does it suck the strength from their bones? Are they always vile little creatures, or is it just the captivity. Ur'nagi finds herself wondering what their home is like. Much like ours, she thinks.

When they are done she returns them to the cells, then heads back to the women's cave. She is suddenly tired. On the way there she decides to detour to see Nerrek and Sumx. They look cross. No one has thought to feed them UUr'nagi suspects. And they are probably as tired as Ur'nagi is.

Urnagi greets her companions and asks whether anyone has brought them food, or if any plans have been made for someone to relieve them. Assuming no to both ...

"I will get some food and furs, and join you. Then we can take turns at getting some sleep." Which she does, assuming no objections.

The kobolds cower before the mighty bugbear and acknowledge his demand to follow Ur'nagi.
Before taking the kobolds to their duties, Ur'nagi checks the captive bugbear once more, he is wounded, Floch-Ta beat him to his enjoyment, not to speak about the broken leg the bugbear have. Strangely, the bugbear smiles to her back.
"Please, visit me later again" he whispers quietly.

Taking two brooms and the manacled kobolds to the entrance room, Ur'nagi watch them while the three goblin guards that guard the main entrance throw giggles and insults to the air. Throwing insults turn to throwing pebbles at the kobolds while scoring perfect hits. This is a good time to pass a boring shift.

Meanwhile in the prison: Mek is workless, his new servant Ur'nagi volunteered to take the two kobolds, leaving the "Dwarf hunter" with nothing to do but take a good nap.

Later that day – Ik'gosh Ciki and the hobgoblins mercenaries return from the caravan ambush, the main hall bustles with activity and excitement as one unconscious, badly beaten male human and one struggling female human are brought back with several treasure crates that contain dried meat, fruits and a large container of silk fabrics.

Time: late afternoon, the sun is about to set.

Walking Dad

First Post
Screech - Main Hall

Screech strides nervously through the main hall. He hates to wait. "Hopefully, this crazy goblin woman was successful. We need sacrifices for the ceremony. Better yet, perhaps only the hobgoblins return. I hate her "performances", "he thinks.
As always he wears the chain shirt and the rapier he had taken from this strange small creature.

"Hm, she has returned as well. Time to prepare me for the ceremony"

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
ic - Yar Gock

Strahd said:
... Throwing insults turn to throwing pebbles at the kobolds while scoring perfect hits. This is a good time to pass a boring shift.

Ur'nagi strolls over to join the goblin guards. As one of them goes to throw a stone, she smacks him across the back of the head with the shaft of her spear.

"You think I have nothing better to do? Let them work. Sooner they finish, sooner I can go to my furs."

Her voice is calm, but her eyes cold.

[sblock=ooc]melee +5 shortspear (1d4+1), aiming for non-lethal damage.[/sblock]

Remove ads