• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Strahd's Lines

pukunui

Legend
Hi all,

What are some memorable things that Strahd has said in your campaigns? I'm looking for some good one-liners. Bad puns are welcome too.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Wepwawet

Explorer
― One! One dead adventurer! 'Ah 'Ah 'Ah 'Ah

(except that it was such a tense moment that I completely forgot to say it :-S )

SwivSnapshot

First Post
While laying siege to the Burgomaster's Manor in Barovia, after trapping the party, Ismark and Ireena inside- "I smell dwarf..."

Unfortunately, the party escaped before I could have Strahd do a Jack Nicholsonesque "Here's Johnny!"

Have Strahd regenerate after having some damage inflicted upon him. Then, have the player's ally (van Richten probably works best for this) say "You bastard, how many lives have you drained to heal those wounds?"

Then have Strahd calmly respond "How many breads have you eaten in your life?"

Xohar17

Explorer
Have Strahd regenerate after having some damage inflicted upon him. Then, have the player's ally (van Richten probably works best for this) say "You bastard, how many lives have you drained to heal those wounds?"

Then have Strahd calmly respond "How many breads have you eaten in your life?"

Did he shout " its useless" a bunch of times when fighting the pcs?

Ganymede81

First Post
In my campaign, the "One Must Die" chanting at the Death House ended up becoming a recurring theme. At one point, Strahd had surprised the party by setting up a tea table and umbrella in the road intersection south of Krezk. There, he wove the phrase "One must die" into conversation as a signal for one of the PCs, secretly a traitor, to attack the party. It was fun.

Strahd had some other good lines during the St. Andral's Feast encounter in Vallaki. Strahd, in disguise as Vasili von Holtz, gave a cool sermon (which I ad libbed on the spot, because who preps, right?) on the charity and mercy involved in putting a suffering horse out of its misery. The players, correctly deducing that it was really Strahd, were all like "Oh crap, he's going to kill the congregation!" For the record, they were able to save half of the people at the feast.

Remathilis

Legend
As one of the PCs (a cleric) was resting in the Church of Barovia; Strahd introduced himself with "Faithful priest, confess your sins to ME!"

Xohar17

Explorer
I'll be honest, I just voiced Strahd using a terrible Dio impression. Though the breads line actually does seem like something he'd say.

Mine was a terrible dracula impresion from castlevania simphony of the night: what is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at ya!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads