Strahd's "RttToEE" CLOSED

The Hidden Entrance

Leaving the damp dungeon behind, you climb the stairs and out to the courtyard, still, there is no sight of the blue wyrm, your horses graze peacefully and the weather is fine.
Walking between the reeds and thick bushes is not easy, the ground is wet, swampy and several times you arrive to a dense dead end, turn on heel and surround the obstacles.
Finally, an hour later, on a low rocky mound, you spot an opening, a cave mouth lies by the river bank about a quarter-mile east to the ruined keep, the small opening (5 ft. wide and 4 ft. high covered with bushes and hidden among boulders) gradually slopes down westward 400 yards, you walk in a narrow rough-hewn tunnel before it opens to a stone passage, the floor is flooded with a lair of murky and smelly water 1 ft. high.
The passage heads west 40 ft. more and then you spot 2 doors, the one to the north is open and the one to the west is closed.

Last edited:

The corridor slopes up a little bit, leaving the murky water behind, the corridor leads into a sour-smelling room, in the far area of the room you spot three nests made of black cloth, river reeds, and bits of wood. Each nest is about 3 feet across.
A stone just inside the southern entrance looks very much like half a gigantic rat, the other half smashed to bits around it.
In each nest sits an avian creature about the size of a large turkey. It has the head and body of a cockerel, bat wings and the long tail of a lizard, its eyes glow with a dangerous-looking crimson sheen.
They immediately attack, hissing and snarling.

Inits + first round actions please

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
"Form up," shouts Korbryn, "let them come t' us! The dwarf holds his greatsword ready, and strikes at the first creature to come within range.

Initiative: 10
Ready action to attack or simply attack if any of the creatures comes within range. Korbryn will 5' step in necessary to strike.

2 pt power attack: Atttack +8, damage 2d6+13/19-20 plus cleave if possible
HP 36/42, AC 21

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
OOC: Whoops! Sorry 'bout that!

BTW - Dunno if this could/should happen retroactively... but as the group was first advancing into the tunnel, Ithiken would have cast Mage Armor and Shield on himself right away, then pulled out his Magic Missile wand so he'd be prepared for anything. But since Strahd advanced us right past that into the first encounter, that never had a chance to occur.

"Wait a second... I think I know what those things are!" (Knowledge Arcana check to identify monsters)

"This is not going to be good!" (Cast either Magic Missile at the lead creature, or cast Shield on himself if the retroactive stuff isn't allowed to happen)

Round 1.

[sblock=Defcon]Because Magic armor last for hours, I let you cast it before entering, but shield lasts for much shorter time, thus you cast it when you find the appropriate chance, and this is the chance. So Mage armor turned ON and shield is going to turned in this round.[/sblock]

"Wait a second... I think I know what those things are!" Ithiken Delves into the deeper parts of his knowledge but can't recall anything about this Turkey like creatures. "This is not going to be good!" he says and casts a defensive spell upon him self.
The far rooster like creature flies quickly into Korbryn's face and bit him viciously in the chin,
The dwarf feel a stiffness feeling in his face that spreads all along his body, then all turn black. Korbryn is Petrified and stands like a stone statue .
The Kid makes a dive behind his companions, tossing a dagger as he does so. "I don't like this..." The dagger sinks deep into the creature, causing him to shriek in pain.
The other roosters advance and one of them tries to bite Miltiades, but the priest deflects the creature's attempt, he then withdraw and chants to Rao for help.
A weapon made of pure force springs into existence behind the creature and attacks.
By the gods! Cries Lenuran and takes his flute out, he starts singing heroic battle melody to inspire your courage.

[sblock=Actions]
Ithiken – cast shield .
Turkey like creature 2 – Fly to I31, bite Korbryn 23, dmg 2
Thandis the Kid – move to H32, Range attack 16, dmg 11 .
Korbryn – Fort save [Failed], Turn to Stone.
Turkey like creature 3 – move to K28.
Turkey like creature 1 – fly to J32, bite Miltiades 14.
Miltiades – 5 ft to I34, Cast Spiritual Weapon.
Spritual Weapon – Melee attack 11.
Lenuran – inspire courge.

+1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Rhun] Now that Korbryn is a nice stone statue, take control over Lenuran, I uploaded Lenuran word file, play him until "Stone to flesh" will be cast upon you in Hommlet. Now that you have Lenuran, he can do battle again.
EDIT: It seems you need to find a powerfull Wizard to "Refresh" Korbryn, so decide what ever you want and notify me. :heh: sorry for doing it, but I'm an honest DM[/sblock]

Attachments

• Lenuran of Lortmills.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

Remove ads