Strahd's "The lost Caverns of Tsojcanth" CLOSED

wmasters

First Post
Turo scans the maps carefully. "The gods may be able to help us indeed! At least, the glorious Garl Glittergold may answer my prayers on this matter and guide us on the right path, my divinations are often fruitful.

I have questions indeed, of course! Perhaps the first might be whether a mount more suited to one of my stature might be avaiable, perhaps a pony or somesuch?

It may also be useful to know what is known of the lamp, if anything, beyond these rumours? And what of the horn of Iggwilv?

Also a political question - what would you propose should we meet the other parties? Should we expect a fight if we were to meet them, or persue more diplomatic negotiations? And if the latter, is there anything we should bear in mind regarding any negotiations?"

devrimk

First Post
Atesh Yakhar, Baklunish Sorcerer

Atesh strokes his thin beard
"I am curious about Iuz's party, can they have more information than we have? So maybe if we touch them before finding the artifact, we must capture one of them alive."
Everybody notices disappointment in his voice. He'd prefer to burn them instead.

wmasters said:
Turo scans the maps carefully. I have questions indeed, of course! Perhaps the first might be whether a mount more suited to one of my stature might be avaiable, perhaps a pony or somesuch?
A pony?! I'm sorry my friend, you shall forgive of my ignorance
Matbea laugh
I didn't consider your small size, a pony it shall be, I'll fetch one of the finest for you.

wmasters said:

It may also be useful to know what is known of the lamp, if anything, beyond these rumours? And what of the horn of Iggwilv?
The lamp is an ancient legend, for his real purpose only the gods can tell, some say it can open a gate to the abyss, the others say that the lamp can drive demons with her light … my guess is as good as yours little friend, as for the horn, we know nothing about it.
Atzil replies
wmasters said:

Also a political question - what would you propose should we meet the other parties? Should we expect a fight if we were to meet them, or persue more diplomatic negotiations? And if the latter, is there anything we should bear in mind regarding any negotiations?"
As for meeting the other parties
He continues
Although the mountain range is a big area, the odds you meet the others are quite good … you should keep an eye, there are only few routes that cross this treachery land, unless they will get off track and I don't think they fool enough to do so.
He takes his glass and lets the captain to continue
The hope for civilized negotiation is like the chance the gods will descents from their heavens to this hall. Don't waste your words with those demon's servants, honor and integrity are alien to them but diplomacy, care and respect should be taken with the priests of Rao.
devrimk said:
"I am curious about Iuz's party, can they have more information than we have? So maybe if we touch them before finding the artifact, we must capture one of them alive."
We don't know, but we must assume the worse.

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Allyra

“My thanks,” Allyra says to Matbea. “That will surely be very helpful.”

Then she turns her attention to Atzil and the captain, as they answer the questions asked so far.

The only question Allyra would have had, what demeanor would be best-suited when confronted with one of the various groups, has already been addressed, so she remains silent for now.

Yair

Community Supporter
Maor, Aasimir Favored Soul - Strategy

Hmm, Maor ponders. Since the kettites and Iuz's party arrive at the north, should we perhaps go there first? This way we could establish if they found the items, and if not, well, we can "persuade" them not to continue seeking. If we just proceed from 1 to 2 and so on, by the time we get there these guys might find the artifact already and be off to the godless lands of the north.

Since the location of the caverns is unknown and lost forgotten, we assume that the Ketties and Iuz's party will have difficult to find the place either.
Katzin replies
In additional we know that both groups are ahead of us and time is short, they could be at the footsteps of the Yatils by now, perhaps a week ahead of us, all left to us is luck.
He turns his look to Maor
Should they return in the same path they came, I don't know from where they came

We can't sit and wait for them to come!
Atzil interferes in anger

Calm my sir
Katzin replies to the first counselor
The last thing we need is a murky aura around us, That's exactly what they want us to do.

Atzil goes to the far window and glance into the far darkness that lies behind the city lights, Katzin's look follows the counselor and then back to you.

I think we had enough for tonight, take the map, the parchment and the chest
We'll meet at the gate at sunrise with the horses and the pony.

He smiles to Turo and turns to leave.

One of the guards from the south door approaches and motions you to accompany him outside.
This way
he says shortly and leads you out of the great hall and the royal grounds.

[sblock=OOC] - check the ooc thread, and update your character sheets with the potions.
I also added In the first post of the RG the parchment's phrases for convenience
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Saracor

Explorer
Having been silent for most of the meeting due to his almost late arrival, the man dressed in the formal wear of the army finally speaks in a lower tone to everyone.

"Well my friends, it seems an interesting task the crown has set us on. My apologies for the late arrival, my name is Garon Shieldsforth, of his majesty's army. I was told at the last minute to report here to help out in this endeavor and I hope I can be of some use to you."

"It would seem from the discussions that we are meant to retrieve the artifacts more so than to stop our enemies from doing the same. If the intention was to stop them than a squad of mountain rangers would be safest to add to our numbers but us alone would seem that we are to find whatever foul pit these artifacts my lie in and go after them."

"Whatever the case," Garon says with grim determination, "I can assure you of my commitment to this."

I'm glad to see a crown soldier with us.
Keldar replies as you cross the rose garden on your way out.
I'm off to my quarters, we'll meet in the morning, good night

Ooc: hopefully Steve Gorak will continue from here.

devrimk

First Post
Atesh Yakhar, Baklunish Sorcerer

Atesh looks Allyra
"How can I resist those beautiful eyes?"
He smiles and bows
"I am at your command, young lady"

Remove ads