Strahd's "The lost Caverns of Tsojcanth" CLOSED

Thanee

First Post
Allyra

“Yes, we need to hurry, so let's take the next ship we can get. If we still have some time until it sets out, we can look around for some information, but likely we won't hear much more than general gossip here.”

Yair

Community Supporter
Maor, Aasimir Favored Soul

Thanee said:
“Yes, we need to hurry, so let's take the next ship we can get. If we still have some time until it sets out, we can look around for some information, but likely we won't hear much more than general gossip here.”

Maor nods.

Steve Gorak said:
OCC:
I say we move on to Caronis and Veluna.
Well, realistically Maor would fish for information, time allowing. I've got 4 on my Gather Information. If the boat leaves before I can gather, let me know - otherwise I'll assume spending 1 gp on ale and soliciting information (I assume I don't find any...).

Last edited:

To Veluna !

Night in Baranford
Spending the night in this peaceful place and drinking the excellent "Golden reach" (2 gp for a cup) red wine is a wonderful experience, you sleep well in the "enormous grape" inn (5 silver lodging, horses are free).
You learn that the harbor and the sailors keeps this place alive, without them this is a boring place, the most recent hot gossip you heard is the caught of one of the noble's daughter with a local sailor in bed.

Journey to Caronis - Earthday, Coldeven. 13/3/600
In the next day, you meet the crew and captain Turion on the "Ony", the captain is a known merchant and wealthy Oeridian, you realize he is a pleasant and friendly man during the travel.
We'll arrive to Caronis before sunset
he say and departure to his duties
Heavy Traffic to the south on the Velverdyava is a common sight during the spring, the stream is strong thanks to the ice melting in the Yatils. You enjoy a sunny day while you rest on the deck, even the horses don't complain too much below the deck.
You know you need this rest, to gather strength before entering the snowy Yatils and the frozen hostile environment, the southern mountains can be seen in the far horizon, a white chain under a blue sky is a magnificent sight indeed
The east Furyandyan side of the Velverdyva is a grassy and sometimes sandy ledge, covered lightly with reeds and Oleanders, The west Velunian side consists high cliffs and rocky beaches. On the two sides you can spot Farms and planted groves.
This is Caronis.
The captain declares when red roofed buildings come into sight, you also spot a dark red brick mansion built on a mound in the south portion of the town, seeing your looks he says the duke's place.
I recommend the "hesitant rabbit" tavern
the captain say when you dock.
The rabbit's stew is delicious over there. 2 silver if you want.
You greet the captain Farwell and spend the night in Caronis. (the prices are in the PHB for the inns).

Caronis to Whitehale – Second FreeDay, Coldeven. 14/3/600
Taking the daily ferry (2 silver) to the Velunian side, you enter to the municipality of Valundy, the wooden sign on the road says "South Valundy/Grayington/Veluna City – Northwest Mitrik/Whitehale".
Most of the travelers head to the same way you head – Whitehale and Mitrik.
The land is grassy hills and plains, dotted with small poplar forests, cotton and wheat fields and pasture for the cattle, you reach to Whitehale by dawn.

1 mile before Whitehale –
Its twilight time, last sun rays penetrate the clouds in the west, the moon Luna in full glory begins his climbing from the east. A flock of ravens pass the road from the wheat fields in the north to the cotton field in the south, the village of Whitehale is close, you can see the lights in the distance.
Traffic is very light, most of the travelers are way back, and the last cart passed an hour ago before you.
Hey, over here
You spot a man, standing on the road, waving his hands in the air to signal you
When you come close, you see a young man, dressed in working cloth.
Please help … he begs
It's been sometime since I saw someone here, my cart is jammed, one of the wheels broke
He points to the field and you spot a cart, standing on a dirt trail, there is another man on top of the cart, he waves back as he sees you.

Last edited:

devrimk

First Post
Atesh Yakhar, Baklunish Sorcerer

"Hi, young fellow. We want to help you of course, but you noticed that we are just adventurers, not carpenters. What can we do for help?"

devrimk said:
"Hi, young fellow. We want to help you of course, but you noticed that we are just adventurers, not carpenters. What can we do for help?"
Strong lads for lifting the cart, me and my father will take care of the wheel. he replies to Atesh.
Please noble sirs
he turns to Garon and Maor
seeing them in army outfit

wmasters

First Post
If the men seem trustworthy (Sense Motive = 19), Turo announces, "Of course, always happy to help a fellow traveller. I don't know that I'll be much help in fixing a cart though, or even lifting it, but I'll do my best."

EDIT: Sorry, Sense Motive should have been 23 - I've done it as 1d20+4, and it should be 1d20+8 (4 ranks and 4 Wisdom). Oops!

Yair

Community Supporter
Maor, Aasimir Favored Soul

Maor smiles at the man. "Sure, we can lend you a hand or two for lifting."

OOC: Unless someone cautions him not to, he'll dismount and go help the man. Maor isn't suspecting anything so won't be Sense Motiving no one.

The young man seems happy to Maor's reaction, but Turo find him to be awfully nervous, although it's twilight time he sweats like a porter in a hot summer day, he keeps looking on the ground and to the cart when you talk to him
He then raise his look to Turo and replies with slight stutter
You ccc..an hold the wheels hhh..inge in line, you are ssss..mall enough to go under the cccc…art

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Keldar views this encounter suspiciously. "I don't like this". He says in a low voice, so only his companions can hear him. "I'll keep an eye on the situation, while some of you help."

Keldar scans the area while remaining on his horse. He then dismounts and stays 10 ft behind the lad’s father, resting his arm on his spiked chain. He'll subtly draw his spiked chain, readying himself to use it should the need arise. He'll also position his horse behind him, to protect his back.

He does all of this as inconspicuously as he can, not to raise any suspicions.

"I see, you all need to lift the axle as you get your horse to pull" He shouts, so any hidden foes will think he is not alert and ready to strike.

OCC:
Spot: +0, Bluff: +7, Sense motive +7, Sleight of Hand: +12, Keldar has uncanny dodge and evasion

devrimk

First Post
Atesh Yakhar, Baklunish Sorcerer

Atesh alerts when Keldar whispers. He looks like he's paying attention to the cart while being repaired. But he quickly checks the area for any hiding enemies.
Replies to the young man
"Hey! If you want I can reduce your size, then you can hold the wheels hinge in line."
[sblock=OCC]
Bluff 24
Spot 6
[/sblock]

Remove ads