• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Strahd's "The lost Caverns of Tsojcanth" CLOSED

Rhun

First Post
His speed increased by the blessings of his diety, Turo runs forward to Maor's side, crouching beside the fallen warrior to check for signs of life.

The beatufiul hippogriff, the snow-white feathers of its legs covered in dark goblin blood, springs forward to attack the next goblin in line (D31).

Thanee

First Post
Allyra

The summoned apes do not hesitate to chase after the goblins, trying to get some taste of their blood before they have to leave for darker realms once more.

Allyra sits on her horse, breathing calmly. It seems they have broken the opposing forces. As her eyes fall upon Maor's broken body, she thinks about what she could do to help the celestial warrior-priest, but her rationale quickly tells her, that there is nothing she can do...

Boddynock

First Post
Eiyyad urges his horse forward just far enough to get a clear shot at the large cluster of goblins at the base of the slope, then sends a fireball streaking their way.

Round 7 - End of Combat

All of the goblin archers disappear behind the high slope and behind the snowy ridge.
The summoned apes do not hesitate to chase after the goblins, trying to get some taste of their blood before they have to leave for darker realms once more. They chase the goblins and soon disappear behind the slope either, up in the sky the hippogriff follows, soon to be disappeared behind the slope, shouts and screams echoes all around from the panicked goblins.
Eiyyad urges his horse forward just far enough to get a clear shot at the large cluster of goblins at the base of the slope, thought, most of the archers already fled, he sends a fireball and strikes the group of warriors, all of them scream to death and fall on the ground, staining the white snow with dark red blood.
Back on the road and between the boulders, the sticky strong web hold several goblins, some shout and curse in anger, others cry for help and plea for forgiveness.

Turo rush up the snowy slope to inspect Maor, the sight is terrible and sorrowful. The proud celestial tainted human lies on the ground, most of his equipment plundered by the escaping goblins. His lower body is crushed by his massive dead steed and his upper body holds horrible and severe wounds. Turo realizes that he must bring the terrible news to his friends. The proud paladin fell defending them.

[sblock=Actions]
Gobiln Archers – Fled out of sight.
Allyra – Nothing.
Fiendish Ape 1–Chase.
Fiendish Ape 2– Chase.
Garon – Nothing.
Arodan – Nothing.
Eliyyad – Casts Fireball. 3 warriors dead.
Turo – Rush to Maor
Celestial Hippogrif – Chase, out of sight.
Goblin Warriors – Fled out of sight.
Goblin Sergeants – Fled out of sight.
Goblin leader - Fled out of sight.
Gorash – Nothing.
Keldar – Nothing.
[/sblock]
[sblock=XP update]
You killed 40 goblins
6 are prisoners.
I updated the xp in the RG thread.
I gave sufficient XP for the Hermit's and Goblin's encounter for all of you to rise from level 6 to level 7. And I mean all, including you Boddynock.
Reset your xp to be 21000 exactly. Congratulations, raise your characters and post in the ooc thread when you done.
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Turo looks back toward his companions from where he kneels beside Maor's broken body. He gives them a slight shake of his head, knowing that no words are necessary.

Still updating Turo, but I'm close. Just need a feat and spells.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
[sblock=occ]
Hey Strahd, FYI, if it's appropriate, I'm considering giving Keldar a few levels of Ranger. We're aways in the forest, and if we lose our guide, we'll be in a bad situation.
So this level up will be for Ranger 1, and I'll put most of the kill points in riding (he has 0 ranks right now, and is always on his horse!)
I hope this is ok.
Thanks & cheers,

SG[/sblock]

Well, what now?
Gorash breaks the party's silence
What with the goblins over there?

[sblock=ooc]
It's your character Steve and not mine, do whatever you wish.
I'm just bringing the monsters.
[/sblock]

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Strahd_Von_Zarovich said:
[sblock=ooc]
It's your character Steve and not mine, do whatever you wish.
I'm just bringing the monsters.
[/sblock]

[sblock=occ]
Kewl! I asked because some DMs don't like PCs to take a 1st level in a new class without some sort of "apprenticeship". I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Another leveling-up question. Do you mind if I tweak Keldar's skills? There are a buch of skills I gave him ranks in during character generation that don't make much sense. I'd like to modify these to fit the vision I now have of him. OK?
Thanks and cheers,

SG[/sblock]
Keldar surveys the situation. He looks at his fallen companion, and says to no one in particular: "Maor, you glorious fool! What were you thinking when you charged those goblins alone? I am no bard, but I will tell your story, so your name lives on. Without a doubt, you died a true warrior's death, and likely saved us in the process."

He then moves closer to the entangled goblins, and looks at the group's casters "Are all these creatures evil?" He then approached the creatures "How many more of your brethen are in the area and how soon can we expect them? Cooperate, and we will be lenient."

Last edited:

Saracor

Explorer
Garon looks over the immediately battlefield, wipes the blood off his weapons and armor and walks towards where Maor fell.
"We certainly shall sing songs of his deeds in battle. While his courage can not be doubted, his wisdom can. I curse at his foolishness for otherwise he would still be with us."
Garon kneels near his fallen body, sword point down in the ground.
"A fallen comrade is never an easy blow, no matter how many times before it may have come. The gods will see to him now and hope his glory continues in the next realm"
Garon closes his eyes for a moment in silent prayer to the gods then is back on his feet to see what other trouble may be amiss.

Rhun

First Post
"We should build a cairn. There are certainly enough stones about." That said, the gnome begins gathering rocks for the burial.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads