• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Strahd's "The lost Caverns of Tsojcanth" CLOSED

Gorash the lonesome

The shouts are from within the ruins, I recognize the dialect as Giantish but I cannot understand the tongue. Should we circle the place and leave the inhabitant of the tower alone or investigate what are they all about?
Gorash inquires as the shouts become more intense and raise to higher tones

Rhun

First Post
"Giants," spits Turo, the word spoken with the vehemence of a curse. "Scourge of the mountains. We should investigate...innocents may be at risk."

Gorash the lonesome

Gorash takes out his crossbow and load a bolt.
I'm sure you know it but I'll say it despite of that. Those who speak giant tend to be very dangerous, so prepare your selves to the worst.

Just indicate what preparations you are going to make before venturing into the ruined ranger's tower.

Rhun

First Post
I'll post up Turo's preparations after the rest of the group agree to check it out or talk the gnome out of investigating.

Boddynock

First Post
Eliyyad pales a little at the sound of giants' voices, and the suggestion that they investigate. Then he frowns, nods decisively, and says to the others, "Masters, I have no desire to dally with giants - but as one who was himself rescued through your courage, I can hardly deny any other potential captive the same benefit."

"I agree with Turo - we must investigate. But let us be most assuredly on our guard."

If it becomes clear that the party is going to enter the tower, the sorcerer casts Mage Armor on himself and on Zariq. As soon as the party encounters opposition, he plans to cast Mirror Image and Shield on himself (Zariq will be told to stay at the rear).

OOC: Strahd, I've posted the level 7 version of Eliyyad to the RG. I've also changed a new spell from Haste to Lightning Bolt (I hadn't read the Haste description properly :eek: )

Thanee

First Post
Allyra

“I can make myself unseen for a while. I'll go ahead and take a look, but still keep my distance.”

With that Allyra draws her magical rod from her belt, but waits for the others, in case someone has something important to say, before she heads off.

Saracor

Explorer
Garon dismounts from Arodan and drops his reins to keep him from wandering.

"Giants can be nasty business. I fear though, that even with caution my approach will be heard. I will stay back a short ways and be ready to rush forward if necessary"

Garon readies his sword and shield and creeps to a point outside of earshot to allow the quieter folk to move up and see what is happening.

Rhun

First Post
Turo nods his head at Allyra. "If you are sure you can do so without putting yourself in harm's way," says the gnome.

Ruined Ranger's tower

Walking into the woods and away from the main road, invisible Allyra circles the ruined tower’s wall. She spots a large burned bonfire in the ruined opened first floor, a partially crumbled staircase leads to a second floor.
On the staircase sits a green and enormous Troll, to his feet lays a partially eaten mountain goat.
In the center of the floor two other Trolls argue on another dead goat, one of them holds the dead goat, the other threatens him and hold a brick in his hand.

None of them seem to sense you, the goat’s smell is above your own and the shouts are above your footstep’s sound

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads