• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Strahd's "The lost Caverns of Tsojcanth" CLOSED

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Strahd_Von_Zarovich said:
Waving Farwell, the dwarf turns his horse and begins to ride
"Move you accursed beast" "You Witch's abomination"
His shouts can still be heard as you prepare yourselves to the caves.

Before he Dwarf gets back on his horse, Keldar shakes his hand and gives him a warrior's embrace "Farewell friend! May your journey back home be safe and swift!".

He then prepares his gear for the caves.

OCC: I'm going to assume that the divine casters healed Keldar up during the last 2 days and that no potions were necessary, ok?

Rhun

First Post
"Axe high, friend dwarf," says Turo, bidding Gorash darewell. The gnome then turns and strokes his chin, considering what spells he might cast as protect measures before they continue on their way.

Since most of Turo's buffs are short-term, he will hold off casting anything for now.

[sblock=Spells & Such]
Spontaneous Casting
0th level: Cure Minor Wounds
1st level: Bless, Protection from Evil, Detect Chaos, Identify, Cure Light Wounds
2nd level: Status, Aid, Zone of Truth, Augury, Cure Moderate Wounds
3rd level: Prayer, Magic Circle against Evil, Detect Thoughts, Divination, Cure Serious Wounds
4th level: Tongues, Holy Smite, Discern Lies, Commune, Cure Critical Wounds

Current Spells
Orisons (DC 14): Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Light, Purify Food and Water
1st (DC 15): Magic Weapon, Lesser Vigor, Shield of Faith, Command, Divine Favor + Bless
2nd (DC 16): Lesser Restoration, Hold Person, Spiritual Weapon, Silence + Aid
3rd (DC 17): Searing Light, Dispel Magic, Summon Monster III + Magic Circle against Evil
4th (DC18): Divine Power, Summon Monster IV + Holy Smite

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Final challenge

You continue on the trail for an hour or so until you reach the foot of the mountain called Iggwilv's horn, in a matter of fact, the Mountains continues down into a chasm that went deeper and deeper on the left side of the trail, on the right side the cliff became steeper and steeper, now it's almost vertical to the trail that you ride on.
An uncomfortable haze sits atop the mountain, like an ever covering blanket that tries to hide the mountain's secrets. Several bend and weird like shape trees scattered along the way, the trees jet from the earth and grew in unusual angles. No birds fly around and the area is strangely quiet, except for a faint sound of a far river that probably stream beneath the haze in the chasm.

From where you stand now, the trail bends, around 100 ft. up ahead, the trail bends and disappear behind the cliff, the ground area is widened, smoke can be seen and the smell of roasted hog can be smelled. Voices of high and brutish laughter can be heard, carried by the calm wind.

Sitting on top the odd shape trunk you spot a robed and hooded humanoid shape, you are uncertain if that a human or an Elf, the creature is looking on you, clearly he or she is a watchman of some sort. Not far from the watchman, another large shaped humanoid leans on another tree. This one can't be mistaken of its origin - It is a Minotaur. No sign of aggression is visible. the two just stare but looks ready.

Attachments

• battlemap.xls
    23.5 KB · Views: 75

Thanee

First Post
Allyra

“Well, anyone want to talk to them? Though, I kinda doubt they would give up the search, if we ask them nicely...”

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Keldar raises his hand in salute. "Greetings" he says to the Minotaur, "It seems we have similar plans, how has the exploration been for you so far?"

OCC: Bluff +7, Diplomacy +4, Sense Motive +7.

Rhun

First Post
Turo shakes his head, not liking the look of the situation at all. He quickly dismounts his pony, and begins quietly casting a spell. If things went badly, the gnome wanted to be ready.

Dismount; cast Magic Circle vrs. Evil

Saracor

Explorer
"I'm not one much for diplomacy, but I'll keep you covered" says Garon with a cautious smile.
"There may still me others around so we should be careful"

Steve Gorak said:
Keldar raises his hand in salute. "Greetings" he says to the Minotaur, "It seems we have similar plans, how has the exploration been for you so far?"

OCC: Bluff +7, Diplomacy +4, Sense Motive +7.

How it is been for me?!
The big Minotaur snarl towards Keldar
It will be better when I’ll crush your human bones to tiny pieces.

Calm yourself my friend!
A strong firm voice comes from around the corner.
It is not the time.
From around the cliff an armored human appear, his black plate adored with the symbol of the Herald of hell, Hextor, the six armed god of war.
We know of you.
He says as another one comes from around the cliff and joins the cleric and the minotaur, this one is tall and brute Half orc, he wears some sort of tribal custom.
The figure that stands on the tree climbs down and show her self, it is a Drow female, dressed with hood and robe, whatever is beneath it is an enigma.
My friends suggested we ambush you, but I refused. I’m neither an assassin nor thug. I’m a champion who fights glory battles.
He smiles wickedly.
That is why I propose a battle, between our two strongest fighters, to the death, Those who lose will take their dead comrade and leave.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads