• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Strahd's "The lost Caverns of Tsojcanth" CLOSED

Thanee

First Post
Allyra

Allyra leaves it to the more nature-attuned to find a suitable place for rest, though she does recommend looking for a shielded place, where the horses cannot be seen immediately from afar.

She tells the others about her quick magical research and the conclusions she could draw from it. The wand will likely be a wand of invisibility and judging by the 'commonness' of these items, the drow's ring and the minotaur's cloak probably are a ring of protection and a cloak of resistance, though to be sure more analytic measures need to be taken. For the other ring, her guess is as good as any other.

Saracor

Explorer
"I agree we want to move on as quickly as possible to be away from any known location that priest might have. We should stay on our guard especially tonight to make sure nothing comes looking for us." Garon nods to Allyra on her suggestion.

"At least we have more horses to allow us to rest them more often and in case we need replacements for any problems we might encounter with them."

Garon will check over all the new horses, seeing if any will be ridable by them, setting free the ones that he deems are unfit for their travels.

Thanee

First Post
Allyra

Allyra raises an eyebrow at the comment about the horses... “Oh, I didn't intend to get that far away. Just, maybe a mile or two.”

Saracor

Explorer
Garon chuckles a bit as he works on the horses "Of course I didn't mean that. I meant for our journey all together. Bet to have some replacements in case of injury or mishap."

"Tonight you are right, we only need to travel a few miles to get out of this immediate area"

All horses but one are weary, the one that is marked with Hextor's symbols on his leather armor, he is well cared and strong, a War horse you guess, the other horses are for riding and work, clearly suitable to fields and plains and not to the mountains.

You ride back, a mile, the road is narrow, with high cliff on the right and chasm on the left, but you do find a wide ledge with several fir trees and two blueberry bushes.

The night passes without any event, you awake healed and refreshed.
Now that the threat of Iuz's party and the ketties are over the exploration can begin.

Thanee

First Post
Allyra

Allyra used up one of her unspent spells to cast a protective armor on the evening, which would still last a good while into the day. She also created the extradimensional space via a Rope Trick spell fetched from the Order's spell reservoire, giving back some of her prepared spells in exchange.

On the morning, she spends a while to iron out her spell preparations for the day, and once she is done, breakfast has been taken and everyone is ready to go, she mounts her horse, curiously looking forward to what awaits them inside the cavern.

Boddynock

First Post
Eliyyad is ready to go. High time to see what all the fuss is about.

Before they leave he goes over and examines the pile of loot. He takes the sickle, one of the scrolls of Mage Armor and, with a grin, all three scrolls of Flame Arrow. "Unless anyone objects?"

Thanee

First Post
Allyra

“No problem with me,” Allyra replies.

OOC: Isn't Flame Arrow to make arrows into burning arrows nowadays, though? Fire is fire, I guess. ;)

The Adventure Begins

Proceeding back to the cave area, you stand in the opening, the camp fire of Iuz's party died a long time ago, leaving cold snow-white burned coals, the remains of the party lies beside a burned tree, all flesh and cloth consumed by the licking flames, all that left are bones and a narrow trail of swirling smoke up to the sky from the now dead tree.

Moving beneath the fanged maw like entrance, a cold wind of air flows from inside the cave, like to greet those who wish to delve into the ancient history of the place, the cavern is 40' wide, 70' long, and over 20' high in the central area.
The walls and ceiling are blackened by soot and bits of broken furniture and discarded gear scattered around. Moving further back, to a part you didn't saw from the opening you enter into a smaller cave 20' wide, 30' long and 15' high.
At the northernmost end of the cave is a 10' wide passage slanting steeply down. Steps have been roughly hewn in its floor to allow easier passage. The tunnel leads down into the heart of the mountain.

Remove ads