• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Strahd's "The lost Caverns of Tsojcanth" CLOSED

Rhun

First Post
"Ah, that passage looks quite promising," says Turo, nodding to the rough hewn steps leading down into darkness.

I'll have my day's spell list posted shortly. Sorry for the delay.

Sun rays penetrate from the far entrance and illuminate the shadowy cave and the first dozen stairs.
moth like flies, tiny bugs and slugs crawl around and flee from the giant-kin that just entered.

*Who's holding the light and what is the light source?

Rhun

First Post
Turo whispers a quick orison, asking for Garl Glittergold to light the party's way, and then touches his shield. The gnome's shield begins to glow with a soft golden light, illuminating the path ahead. "That should last for just over an hour," says Turo. "long enough to get us started."

Cast light on shield. 70 minute duration.

[sblock=Spell List]
Spontaneous Casting
0th level: Cure Minor Wounds
1st level: Bless, Protection from Evil, Detect Chaos, Identify, Cure Light Wounds
2nd level: Status, Aid, Zone of Truth, Augury, Cure Moderate Wounds
3rd level: Prayer, Magic Circle against Evil, Detect Thoughts, Divination, Cure Serious Wounds
4th level: Tongues, Holy Smite, Discern Lies, Commune, Cure Critical Wounds

Current Spells
Orisons (DC 14): Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Light x2
1st (DC 15): Magic Weapon, Lesser Vigor, Shield of Faith, Command, Divine Favor + Bless
2nd (DC 16): Lesser Restoration, Hold Person, Spiritual Weapon, Silence + Cure Moderate Wounds
3rd (DC 17): Vigor, Dispel Magic, Stone Shape + Magic Circle against Evil
4th (DC18): Divine Power, Summon Monster IV + Holy Smite
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Boddynock

First Post
"Let us go carefully. I am sure that there are many perils ahead of us. Do any of you have particular skill with the detection and disposal of traps and the like?"

Eliyyad peers with concern down the rough hewn stairs. Zariq stands alongside him, fringes of flame ruffled by the cold breeze, his own light adding to the illumination from Turo's spell.

Thanee

First Post
Allyra

“Indeed, I did prepare a few spells this morning, which might prove helpful in here. For a while, I can detect the presence of secret passageways, and I can create a small servant out of pure force, who might be good for springing traps, though I lack the skills and powers to find them without such most direct measures,” Allyra explains. “I will also be able to look beyond walls and doors once, but only for a short time.”

Saracor

Explorer
"These caves won't give us much warning when an attack comes and little room to maneuver, everyone be on their guard. Unfortunately this is not an environment I am too familiar with."

After descending the long flight of steps, you pass north about 20' into a natural chamber some 70' wide and 50' deep. as you proceed, your light has glinted off something on the far wall of the place. Stepping into the chamber, you see that there are weird faces carved in bas-relief around the walls of this cavern. There are, in fact, six such visages hewn from the rock itself. Each face is by the side of one of six tunnels leading off in one direction or another from the cavern to unknown. Although each face is slightly different from its fellows, all are strange and doleful looking: one has a dog-like ears, another protruding tusks, a third dropping wattles, etc. There seems to be no relationship between the size of the passageway and the stony visage beside it. Nothing else in the chamber seems remarkable. There are a few stalactites on the ceiling above, a few fallen to the floor amid a handful of stalagmites.

Attachments

• Caverns.xls
    41 KB · Views: 74

Rhun

First Post
"Aye," says Turo, raising an eyebrow as he considers the leftmost passage. "The sinister path it is." He hefts his shield, taking a position toward the front of the group, so that his spell may light their way.

Stepping towards the left tunnel, the carving mouth moves and say with a bass, mournfully dire tone. "Turn back … This is not the way".
[sblock=Keldar, Garon]
When the mouth spoke, you spotted a glittering object inside it.
[/sblock]

Remove ads