• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Strahd's "The lost Caverns of Tsojcanth" CLOSED

Saracor

Explorer
Garon tries to shake off the pain from the hit on his helmet and take a half a step back. He knows his attacks are near useless with his current weapon so will try to avoid what he can while still making himself a target to the creature, hoping his companions can find a way to bring it down.

[sblock=Combat Stats]
Init: + 1
HP: [highlight]31/64[/highlight]
AC: 23

Saves
For: +9
Ref: +4
Wil: +3

Attacks:
• +1 Longsword: +13/+8 to hit, 1d8+7 damage, Crit: 19-20/x2
[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Garon goes full defensive here (-4 Att, +2 AC) - AC goes to 25

First Attack (1d20+9=24)
Second Attack (1d20+4=8)

Damage (1d8+7=9)
[/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
Allyra

“I'm not sure we can handle this one...” Allyra says, observing the brutal battering the golem hands out. “If you want to retreat, I can create a web to keep the golem busy for a while, once you are out of reach. Just let me know, I'll stay ready.”

OOC: Allyra - Delay;
Dire Wolf - Attack (Atk +13+2(flanking); Dmg 1d8+13 + free Trip +13).

(Q: Did you figure in the wolf's DR 5/magic? Isn't quite apparant, hence the question. :))

[SBLOCK=Dire Wolf]Fiendish Dire Wolf: large magical beast (extraplanar); HD 6; hp 57; Init +2; Spd 50 ft.; AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 12; Base Atk +4; Grp +17; Atk/full Atk bite +13 melee (1d8+13); Space/Reach 10 ft./5 ft.; SA smite good 1/day (+6 dmg vs good), trip; SQ low-light vision, darkvision 60 ft., scent, damage reduction 5/magic, cold and fire resistance 5, spell resistance 11; AL NE; SV Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +6; Str 29, Dex 15, Con 21, Int 3, Wis 12, Cha 10.
Skills and Feats: Hide +0, Listen +7, Move Silently +4, Spot +7, Survival +2/6; Alertness, Run, Track, Weapon Focus (bite).

Trip (Ex): A dire wolf that hits with a bite attack can attempt to trip its opponent (+13 check modifier) as a free action without making a touch attack or provoking an attack of opportunity. If the attempt fails, the opponent cannot react to trip the dire wolf.[/SBLOCK]

Rhun

First Post
Dismayed that the power of Garl Glittergold is not able to overcome the accursed wounds caused by the clay automaton, Turo changes his tactics. He decides instead to focus on keeping Garon from being further harmed, summoning divine power to shield the warrior.

The summoned archon continues to send pulses of celestial light toward the golem.

Lantern Archon, round 2/7
2 ranged touch attacks at +2 for 1d6 damage each (ignore damage reduction)

Turo casts Shield of Faith on Garon for +3 deflection bonus to AC.

[sblock=Turo Spell List]
Spontaneous Casting
0th level: Cure Minor Wounds
1st level: Bless, Protection from Evil, Detect Chaos, Identify, Cure Light Wounds
2nd level: Status, Aid, Zone of Truth, Augury, Cure Moderate Wounds
3rd level: Prayer, Magic Circle against Evil, Detect Thoughts, Divination, Cure Serious Wounds
4th level: Tongues, Holy Smite, Discern Lies, Commune, Cure Critical Wounds

Current Spells
Orisons (DC 14): Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Light x2
1st (DC 15): Magic Weapon, Lesser Vigor, Shield of Faith, Command, Divine Favor + Bless
2nd (DC 16): Lesser Restoration, Hold Person, Spiritual Weapon, Silence + Cure Moderate Wounds
3rd (DC 17): Vigor, Dispel Magic, Stone Shape + Magic Circle against Evil
4th (DC18): Divine Power, Summon Monster IV + Holy Smite[/sblock]

Steve Gorak said:
OCC: How feasible/realistic is to for Keldar to tumble to get his chain back (tumble +12). I'd hate to loose that +1 spiked chain...

I guess he will have to try it out and see, everything is feasible, the answer is - at what cost, or at not cost at all

Boddynock

First Post
Eliyyad scowls as his missiles strike without effect. He strokes his chin, and then a whimsical expression crosses his face.

"Hmm, if magic does not affect it, is it, perhaps, vulnerable to normal flame?"

Who knows, perhaps the much-maligned Flame Arrows may be of help in this situation?

Ah, but first - he summons arcane power and steps forward to cast Mirror Image on the beleaguered Garon.

"For your protection, noble one!"

Round 3

Garon tries to shake off the pain from the hit on his helmet and take a half a step back. He knows his attacks are near useless with his current weapon so will try to avoid what he can while still making himself a target to the creature, hoping his companions can find a way to bring it down, the blade cuts the golem, leaving no mark on the construct body.

Eliyyad scowls as his missiles strike without effect. He strokes his chin, and then a whimsical expression crosses his face.

"Hmm, if magic does not affect it, is it, perhaps, vulnerable to normal flame?"
Who knows, perhaps the much-maligned Flame Arrows may be of help in this situation?
Ah, but first - he summons arcane power and steps forward to cast Mirror Image on the beleaguered Garon.
"For your protection, noble one!", a moment pass and six Garon-like figures springs into existence.
OOC – Boddynock, Mirror image can only target the wizard himself, but I'll bend the rules, because I don’t see any reason why to not cast the spell upon others.

Tumbling below the Golem's mighty fists, Keldar pickup his loose chain.

“I'm not sure we can handle this one...” Allyra says, observing the brutal battering the golem hands out. “If you want to retreat, I can create a web to keep the golem busy for a while, once you are out of reach. Just let me know, I'll stay ready.”

The Black large wolf leaps one more time and bites the clay effigy, tearing chunks of clay from him, with a powerful pull, he manages to ring the clay construct to the floor. High above, floating near the cave's ceiling, the ball of silvery light launches a sun ray's attack that hits the golem and melts some of his body.

Dismayed that the power of Garl Glittergold is not able to overcome the accursed wounds caused by the clay automaton, Turo changes his tactics. He decides instead to focus on keeping Garon from being further harmed, summoning divine power to shield the warrior.

The prone golem rises to his feet, giving enough time to the party to attack once more, Garon sword goes wide, Keldar chain scratch the golem and the wolf bites again, preventing from the golem to rise up, again he pulls him to the ground.
The berserk construct attempts to slam his fists from the ground into the black furred wolf, the slam strikes true, sending waves of pain into the wolf.
* The golem is prone
[sblock=Actions]
Garon – Attack on Defense + Full attack Clay golem 24/8, dmg 0. AoO vs. Golem 14.
Eliyyad – Mirror image on Garon.
Keldar – Tumble, pickup weapon, AoO vs. Golem 28, dmg 2.
Allyra – Delay action.
Dire wolf – Bite Golem 24, dmg 9, Trip Golem 26, AoO vs. Golem 22, dmg 5, Trip Golem 28
Lantern Archon – 2 Touch attack Golem 17/7, dmg 7.
Turo – Shielf of faith on Garon
Clay Golem – Grapple with Wolf 19, Tripped, Grapple with Wolf 14, Tripped again, slam wolf 18, dmg 10. (prone)
Spells Active:
Turo – Light, Summon IV
Eliyyad – mage armor.
Allyra – Summon IV.
Garon – Shield of faith, mirror image.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Caverns.xls
    47 KB · Views: 72

Thanee

First Post
Allyra

“I'll try,” Allyra says to Eliyyad, moving in position to assault the golem with her next spell, but taking care not to hurt her allies. She conjures up a whirlwind of flames and sends it on a path along the battleline and towards their unyielding opponent.

OOC: Allyra - use her Delay at end of round; move to the left in order to be able to place the cone over the golem without hitting her friends and allies (the archons are high in the air, I suppose, so the flames could pass under them); Cast sudden maximized Blast of Flame (no SR!).

[SBLOCK=Dire Wolf]Fiendish Dire Wolf: large magical beast (extraplanar); HD 6; hp 57; Init +2; Spd 50 ft.; AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 12; Base Atk +4; Grp +17; Atk/full Atk bite +13 melee (1d8+13); Space/Reach 10 ft./5 ft.; SA smite good 1/day (+6 dmg vs good), trip; SQ low-light vision, darkvision 60 ft., scent, damage reduction 5/magic, cold and fire resistance 5, spell resistance 11; AL NE; SV Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +6; Str 29, Dex 15, Con 21, Int 3, Wis 12, Cha 10.
Skills and Feats: Hide +0, Listen +7, Move Silently +4, Spot +7, Survival +2/6; Alertness, Run, Track, Weapon Focus (bite).

Trip (Ex): A dire wolf that hits with a bite attack can attempt to trip its opponent (+13 check modifier) as a free action without making a touch attack or provoking an attack of opportunity. If the attempt fails, the opponent cannot react to trip the dire wolf.[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads