• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Strange AD&D module found in closet

Oldtimer

Great Old One
Publisher
While cleaning out my closets yesterday I came across a strange AD&D module I didn't recognise. It's called ST1 Up the Garden Path and seems to be rather rare from what I've found. It's probably a leftover from my gaming store of the eighties.

I'm no collector myself, but where should I look to sell it? Is eBay the right place for rare RPG stuff or are there better places?

I hope the collective wisdom of ENWorld can guide me. :)

Huw

First Post
While cleaning out my closets yesterday I came across a strange AD&D module I didn't recognise. It's called ST1 Up the Garden Path and seems to be rather rare from what I've found. It's probably a leftover from my gaming store of the eighties.

I'm no collector myself, but where should I look to sell it? Is eBay the right place for rare RPG stuff or are there better places?

It's very rare, only released for a single event, and can easily fetch four figures on eBay if you sell it right.

The acaeum will have more details (don't have link handy, as I'm at work, but you can search for it. It's a site about collectable D&D and AD&D).

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan

Nice find Oldtimer! Depending on the condition, you can expect to get a good price for it on eBay. You could also try to sell it privately, in which case I'd recommend posting a note on the classifieds of the Acaeum forums.

Oldtimer

Great Old One
Publisher
Thanks, Guys!

I'm looking at the Acaeum listings right now and almost choking on my coffee. Four figures indeed! And I didn't even have to slay a dragon to get it. :)

broghammerj

Explorer
Never heard of it. Could you scan the cover for those of who are curious to see some DnD history. Typing up he back cover summary would be icing on the cake as well.

grodog

Hero
Nice find, [MENTION=10503]Oldtimer[/MENTION] :D Just FYI, the value rates listed @ ST1 are very out of date; you should instead use the values @ Rares Index (which are somewhat more current, but still rather old), and search old eBay listings for completed sales. My guess is that, depending on condition, you should still get anywhere from $1250 to $3000 for it. Condition/grading notes @ Grading

Some more info appears @ Tome of Treasures :: View topic - ST1 Up the Garden Path (1986) and Tome of Treasures - D&D

You don't happen to have a "Treasure of the Dragon Queen" lying around in your closet, do you? :D

Remove ads