• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Strangest place you've gamed...?

We've all gamed in cramped dining rooms, cluttered apartments without air conditioning, or lounging around the living room.

What are the strangest places you've played?
What obscure objects have stood in for your gaming table?

As a teen I had somehow procured two 4' high wooden cable-spools which (turned on their sides) became our twin gaming tables. They were cool, despite the obligatory splinters.

After high school, as my DM-cred built up, my players would constantly pester me to play/DM, no matter where we were. There were a couple of impromptu role-playing (diceless) sessions -- on the bus or in the diner.

What about you and your friends?

Hmm. An old group of mine tried using a picnic table in my friend's yard. It didn't work out well, between mosquitos and the sun going down it got cold so we went back inside!

We've all gamed in cramped dining rooms, cluttered apartments without air conditioning, or lounging around the living room.

What are the strangest places you've played?
What obscure objects have stood in for your gaming table?

As a teen I had somehow procured two 4' high wooden cable-spools which (turned on their sides) became our twin gaming tables. They were cool, despite the obligatory splinters.

After high school, as my DM-cred built up, my players would constantly pester me to play/DM, no matter where we were. There were a couple of impromptu role-playing (diceless) sessions -- on the bus or in the diner.

What about you and your friends?

Hmm. An old group of mine tried using a picnic table in my friend's yard. It didn't work out well, between mosquitos and the sun going down it got cold so we went back inside!

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Hmm, I have run games in restaurants, in the main concourse of a mall, in the back of a van while it was trapped in a blizzard, and while camping.

The one that I consider odd - running D&D/Pathfinder at a clothing optional pagan retreat, and getting paid to do so. The first time was simply because I was at the retreat, bored, and had my rules with me. I started work on an adventure, folks asked if I ran, so I did. Years later the retreat asked me back, offering to pay me to run my game - just got my invite for this year.

Incidentally - the likelihood of seeing someone nekkid at a pagan retreat is inversely proportional to any desire to do so.

The Auld Grump, there are lots of pagan gamers....

Remove ads