Stream of Annihilation Preview - DINOSAURS!

Not only did Chris Perkins pretty much confirmed that the product codenamed "Dust" is the one which Pendleton Ward was involved with (see below), but WotC's Greg Tito also confirms that the weekend-long live stream will feature the main announcement right at the beginning with a preview of a piece of art featuring.... dinosaurs! The video below features that art, as well as Tito talking about the various celebrities who will be attending (and starring in) the event.

Not only did Chris Perkins pretty much confirmed that the product codenamed "Dust" is the one which Pendleton Ward was involved with (see below), but WotC's Greg Tito also confirms that the weekend-long live stream will feature the main announcement right at the beginning with a preview of a piece of art featuring.... dinosaurs! The video below features that art, as well as Tito talking about the various celebrities who will be attending (and starring in) the event.

[video=youtube;pEH1BX4m0eY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEH1BX4m0eY[/video]

Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 17.12.44.png

DAS6FQWVwAA89gQ.jpg

"Something to look forward to. #wotcstaff #dust" - Chris Perkins
SaveSave

What map is this?

From the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide, page 10: "Ruined Mezro stands across the sea from Calimshan, waiting for explorers and its displaced people to cleanse the city of its undead inhabitants and uncover the treasures that lie hidden there."
Ah, ok, missed that reference in SCAG. And the fact they specifically point out the ruins makes me think that (if indeed we are going to Chult) it will be a significant location for the adventure - being overrun with undead sure does point to Acererak as well...

Sent from my VS987 using EN World mobile app

Also, a lot of things included in Volo's make more sense if we are indeed going to Chult: yuan-ti, dinosaurs, even the grungs. Supposedly, they said they plan on simply reprinting statblocks if VGtM creatures are re-used in an adventure instead of making VGtM "mandatory" to run adventures, but I'm hoping there will be some sort of "substitution" rules in place for people who do own the accessory...

It's a holy place to the human ethnic group called the Tabaxi, not the coincidentally-named race of cat people called the Tabaxi. An unpleasant mix-up that has caused confusion since 2e at least.

Sent from my VS987 using EN World mobile app

They really need to retcon the human Tabaxi and feline Tabaxi into one race. A race, where in the distant past, was once one of shapeshifters. An ability that for some reason they had to give up, probably to survive, with some choosing to be human and some choosing to be bipedal felines. The two now separate-looking races then travelled from their original home to their now current homes in the Realms.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Do people still think that whatever nominal FR connection this has is actually that important, that it has much impact on content besides a few paragraphs here or there?

Do people still think that whatever nominal FR connection this has is actually that important, that it has much impact on content besides a few paragraphs here or there?

SKT had a 60 page chapter which basically updated the Savage Frontier to 5e. This may not repeat that (or then again, it may), but FR content in APs can definitely be more than "a few paragraphs here or there"...

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
If the adventure involves Chult, then it's going to be a prominent part of the story-line, just like the Underdark was in Out of the Abyss, I would imagine. We're talking about a savage land of jungles and dinosaurs. If you do Chult, then you don't kinda-sorta do it. You do it all the way.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
If the adventure involves Chult, then it's going to be a prominent part of the story-line, just like the Underdark was in Out of the Abyss, I would imagine. We're talking about a savage land of jungles and dinosaurs. If you do Chult, then you don't kinda-sorta do it. You do it all the way.

But thats the thing. The Underdark did not originate in FR and is not FR specific. Lost jungly places in D&D with strange ruins and dinosaurs also predate FR and are found in other settings besides FR.

Which is fine. They can say Chult, or whatever.

Let me put it like this, in long-standing FR lore, is there a city with merchants that ride on dinosaurs or use them as beasts of burden?

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads