Street thug for 4th ed: Paragon path suggestions?

sabrinathecat

Explorer
I'm playing a basic brutal scoundrel for 4e. The sort of guy who just likes to be the savage muscle. Really just a dumb brute (Int & Wis are dump stats)
(Party is all rogues).
Planning ahead, I'm looking at paragon paths, and there don't seem to be too many that apply. Almost all benefit more from high charisma.
Really, I've only found two: The Shadow Assassin from the PH1 and the Contract Killer from BoVD.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

I'm playing a basic brutal scoundrel for 4e. The sort of guy who just likes to be the savage muscle. Really just a dumb brute (Int & Wis are dump stats)
(Party is all rogues).
Planning ahead, I'm looking at paragon paths, and there don't seem to be too many that apply. Almost all benefit more from high charisma.
Really, I've only found two: The Shadow Assassin from the PH1 and the Contract Killer from BoVD.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?
Nothing specific.

But if it's a Rogue with Strength as secondary attribute, you could look into some multiclass options based on Strength. Fighter and Barbarian come to mind.
Multiclassing also gives you access to paragon pathes of that class, and maybe there is something more fitting for you there. (Of course, Dex classes can also work, but Assassin and Monk tend to be a bit more on the "thinking" side of things.)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
What is his Con like? With MCing, he might make a good Star or Infernal Warlock or Hexblade*...

The class has some nifty powers which can enhance movement or do ranged damage...some of which are in the Shadow sourcebook.

* is MCing into Hexblade possible?

sabrinathecat

Explorer
(as of lvl7)
STR 19, Con 11, Dex 18, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 12

Looked at MC, but do not want to be marking (ala defenders) and barbarian rage daily seemed kinda naf. MC to Ranger was the most logical, if cliche'd, choice.

Veiled Master had some good points, but the other two were much better.

(pretty sure you can't MC into any essentials class)

sabrinathecat

Explorer
If you're 11th level, is it really fair to still call yourself a 'street thug'?

You can take the criminal out of the gutter, but can you take the gutter out of the criminal?
C'mon, he's still got the "guttersnipe" theme.
And he's not that bright--little to no leadership ability or planning. He's scarey and slightly sadistic, and just barely smart enough to let someone else do his thinking for him.
The best he'll ever be is a guild enforcer and leg-breaker.

Just trying to see if I missed something in the paragon path options. Seems like almost all of them are better for ranged rogues, and Shocky is pure melee except for his breath.

Remove ads